Re: Mark of the Assassin Load Freeze

by psychogrenade

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Mark of the Assassin Load Freeze

★★★★ Novice

OK, I have decided to play Dragon Age 2 again because I have purchased Legacy and Mark of the Assassin.  I download my copy of Dragon Age 2 from Origin so I think it comes automatically patched to version 1.04.

Anyway, I have the common bug where with The Exiled Prince there is an error where the game freezes on load before certain cut scenes.  In act 2 all I had to do was press escape and it went through, so I wasn't too worried about it.

But now after getting to act III I have decided to play the DLCs starting with Mark of the Assassin and I am getting this load error and escape is not letting me pass.  The error occurs after the ambush fight when the female elf joins in to help.  As soon as all of the attackers are killed I get the loading loop.  Again, escape does not correct it.

Is there anything that I can do?  Rolling back to patch 1.03 doesn't appear to be an option for me, as I have the Origin version of the game and I am pretty sure it comes pre-patched.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.  I don't know why BioWare is letting this pass without fixing it as its a very real problem.

Message 1 of 3 (1,513 Views)

Accepted Solution

★★★★ Novice

OK I found a dirty "fix" that seems to be working.  The poster posted it for Exiled Prince but it seems to be working for Mark of the Assassin as well, so I assume it will work for any point in the game or any DLC that has this issue:

"I know this is a major necro, but I've been struggling with this issue again.

I've found a workaround that actually works, without having to reinstall.

This error only happens with Legacy installed - I was experimenting, and discovered that if you update to 1.04 without Legacy, it's fine. Some more playing, and I have a workaround that works without killing saves:

1. go to your program files -> DA2 folder -> addins

2. In addins, find prc_drk_ something

3. inside that folder, open module

4. select the 'patch' folder, and "cut" it to the desktop

Play Seb's quests - it should work perfectly normally

Replace the patch folder when you are done.

You could just delete the patch folder completely, but then you won't get the dialogue fixes Legacy got in 1.04"

View in thread

Message 2 of 3 (1,493 Views)

All Replies

★★★★ Novice

OK I found a dirty "fix" that seems to be working.  The poster posted it for Exiled Prince but it seems to be working for Mark of the Assassin as well, so I assume it will work for any point in the game or any DLC that has this issue:

"I know this is a major necro, but I've been struggling with this issue again.

I've found a workaround that actually works, without having to reinstall.

This error only happens with Legacy installed - I was experimenting, and discovered that if you update to 1.04 without Legacy, it's fine. Some more playing, and I have a workaround that works without killing saves:

1. go to your program files -> DA2 folder -> addins

2. In addins, find prc_drk_ something

3. inside that folder, open module

4. select the 'patch' folder, and "cut" it to the desktop

Play Seb's quests - it should work perfectly normally

Replace the patch folder when you are done.

You could just delete the patch folder completely, but then you won't get the dialogue fixes Legacy got in 1.04"
Message 2 of 3 (1,494 Views)

★ Novice

omg i've tried so many things and what I had to do? just cut this freaking patch out ...  I can't believe it... 

Message 3 of 3 (1,338 Views)