Re: Legacy DLC - No voices during dialogue

by AndrewThrawn

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Legacy DLC - No voices during dialogue

★★★ Novice

And the mouths don't move.

I've had the exact same issue with EVERY DLC in DA:O, but thankfully BioWare added a tool that fixes it easily called "daupdater".

Now for some reason there is no such thing as that tool in DA2, and I'm stuck there with no voices during ANY dialoge in the Legacy DLC which drives me crazy already.

I have my account connected and verified, base game and DLCs were bought from Origin, and I run it from there.

I've tried to install the DLC separately via .exe file that you can download from the official BioWare site, but all I get is "You don't have DA2 installed". Alright, fine. So I open the game, run the installer again and there it is - "Please close the game to install the DLC".

Help

Message 1 of 8 (7,379 Views)

Accepted Solution

EA Staff

Hello @Mefu720,

Apologies for any frustration caused.

Do you use any mods in the game? Also did you try installing the game and DLC and then repairing (right click the game tile in Origin and select 'Repair')?

I would also recommend checking out the following thread: http://answers.ea.com/t5/Dragon-Age-2/Missing-dialogues-in-DLCs/td-p/2458732

Thanks,

- Kristi

View in thread

Message 2 of 8 (8,247 Views)

All Replies

EA Staff

Hello @Mefu720,

Apologies for any frustration caused.

Do you use any mods in the game? Also did you try installing the game and DLC and then repairing (right click the game tile in Origin and select 'Repair')?

I would also recommend checking out the following thread: http://answers.ea.com/t5/Dragon-Age-2/Missing-dialogues-in-DLCs/td-p/2458732

Thanks,

- Kristi

Message 2 of 8 (8,248 Views)

★★★ Novice

Oh, I already fixed the problem. I also deleted this thread after fixing it actually, no idea why this is still up. Thanks anyway

Message 3 of 8 (7,350 Views)

★★★ Newbie
how u fixed this bug?
Message 4 of 8 (6,101 Views)

★★★ Novice

Ohh boy it was a long time ago, but if I remember correctly it went like this:

1. Download the DLC you want to fix from BioWare Site
2. Unpack the file that you have downloaded with 7zip (that file won't be a .zip/.rar but you can still extract from it)
3. Place the extracted files in the correct folder in your game directory (Sorry, can't tell which folder it was, I don't have the game installed atm. You'll have to google that one or find by yourself)

Message 5 of 8 (6,083 Views)

★★★ Newbie
i'll try it, thx Standard smile
Message 6 of 8 (6,071 Views)

★★★ Newbie

A bit late, but i recently had the same issue.

In my case the language of the EA-Origin Client was the culprit. My EA-Origin Client was set to german, but i play my games in english. For some reason the german client will only downlad the german voices and lip animation of the DLCs, even if you play the game in english. So the data is there, but just not in the correct language, therefore your english game won't find english files, because the us-en language folder is absent. I fixed it by setting my Origin Client to english and reinstalled Dragon Age II. From then on all my problems with missing dialogues and lip animation etc. were solved.

Message 7 of 8 (5,578 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie
you Sir are a life saver
Message 8 of 8 (4,815 Views)