How to authorize dlc in Dragon age 2?

by EmbraceTheFrogs

Original Post

Accepted Solution

How to authorize dlc in Dragon age 2?

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

I have lately wanted to play through the dragon age series again. But I ran into problems because I used to two EA accounts.I bought all the dlcs on one account which I share with my family but there was an option in DAO to log into another account, so I logged into my personal account(the one I am currently using) which did not impact dlc playability so I played through the entire game and all dlcs. So that character is now linked to my personal account. Then I went to play dragon age 2 and bought the dlcs for that game on my familiy account. However this did not work the same way as origins where you're able to play the dlc on both accounts as long as you log into throught the origin account where the dlc is bought. Instead the dlc is "unauthorized" on my personal account. Of course I could just carry on playing on my family account but because I want to import characters in my playthrough and want it to work in Dragon Age Keep its very important that my characters are all gathered in one account which at the moment is not possible.  Is there anyone who knows of a solution to this problem? I can see a lot different ways this could be solved but I don't know what's possible and what's not. The preferable solution would be to be able to authorize this personal account acess to the dlc that my family account has but I don't know how.

TLDR: Can you authorize another account access to dlc in dragon age 2 when playing the game through that accounts origin library? Otherwise please read the rest of the text to look for another solution.

PS: If any other information is required to solve this issue just ask.

Message 1 of 2 (1,785 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: How to authorize dlc in Dragon age 2?

Community Manager (retired)

Hey @EmbraceTheFrogs

For Dragon Age 2, you'll need the game and all the DLCs on one account to use the content.

You might try to contact our live support and ask our advisors if it would be possible to move the DLCs to your account, so you could continue the story with your characters. However, it would mean that the DLCs won't be available on the second account anymore.

/Ataashi

View in thread

Message 2 of 2 (1,791 Views)

All Replies

Re: How to authorize dlc in Dragon age 2?

Community Manager (retired)

Hey @EmbraceTheFrogs

For Dragon Age 2, you'll need the game and all the DLCs on one account to use the content.

You might try to contact our live support and ask our advisors if it would be possible to move the DLCs to your account, so you could continue the story with your characters. However, it would mean that the DLCs won't be available on the second account anymore.

/Ataashi

Message 2 of 2 (1,792 Views)