Re: How do I delete old cloud saves

by disi456

Original Post

Accepted Solution

How do I delete old cloud saves

★★★★ Novice

Anyone have any idea on how to delete cloud saves. This is for characters I not longer have. I've used 89 of 100 mb. Now the cloud save feature no longer works. I've edited my save game files to reflect all the character removals, but have no way to delete the cloud. And I would rather NOT continue to leave the cloud turned off. Any ideas are most welcome. 

Message 1 of 8 (40,668 Views)

Accepted Solution

Community Manager

You will have to trick the Origin client to do that, but it's possible. This is how you do that:

• Launch the Origin Client 
  • Open the ‘Origin’ menu 
  • Click on ‘Application Settings’ 
  • Uncheck the ‘Enable cloud storage for all supported games’ 
  • Click ‘Done’ to finish 
  • Exit the Origin client

Start the game without being logged into the Origin client and check if all the saves you want are there, then close it again.

• Open the ‘Origin’ menu 
  • Check the ‘Enable cloud storage for all supported games’ 
  • Click ‘Done’ to finish 

Start the game again and you should get a pop-up where you can choose to overwrite the cloud save with your local save.

Your friendly neighbourhood forum admin.

spectre.png

View in thread

Message 2 of 8 (46,101 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

You will have to trick the Origin client to do that, but it's possible. This is how you do that:

• Open the ‘Origin’ menu 
  • Uncheck the ‘Enable cloud storage for all supported games’ 
  • Click ‘Done’ to finish 
  • Exit the Origin client

Start the game without being logged into the Origin client and check if all the saves you want are there, then close it again.

• Open the ‘Origin’ menu 
  • Check the ‘Enable cloud storage for all supported games’ 
  • Click ‘Done’ to finish 

Start the game again and you should get a pop-up where you can choose to overwrite the cloud save with your local save.

spectre.png
Message 2 of 8 (46,102 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert

Is it even possible to sync DAO/DA2 saves to the Origin cloud?  Given the limited size of the allowed on-line storage, and the relatively large size of the saves, I'm not sure if there's much reason to even bother.  By the time one is about 30% through the game the saves can exceed the max size.

For example, I have a single character (out of the several dozen I've created) who isn't even past the Landsmeet yet, and has just eight saves, (three "AutoSaves", one "Quicksave", and four "named saves".)   That one character's total is 140MB!  [EDIT:  Just realized those figures were for one of my DAO characters, but same size-of-saves constraints apply to DA2.]

(By comparison, my ME3 saves (for about a half-dozen characters) are measured in tens of KB, not hundreds of MB.)

Message 3 of 8 (40,625 Views)

Community Manager

Of course that's an issue that you will have with many games (Sims 3 saves for example are HUGE). The Origin team has done a lot with the client in the last few weeks and I know that they have plans for further improvements. Let's see what the future brings.

spectre.png
Message 4 of 8 (40,615 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert

@eaursula wrote:

Of course that's an issue that you will have with many games (Sims 3 saves for example are HUGE). The Origin team has done a lot with the client in the last few weeks and I know that they have plans for further improvements. Let's see what the future brings.

Right, and I look forward to whatever the Origin Team might have cookin'... Confusedmileywink:

But the OP is asking about cloud saves for DA2.  I'm saying that, as it's currently operating, there's just not much point in trying. 

It will only lead to disappointment when something happens and the player thinks, "It's ok, I had 'sync with cloud' turned on." Confusedmileysad:

Message 5 of 8 (40,613 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I know it's only four year alter but I have the same problem Standard smile

The Origin Client starts automatically if I launch DA2 and immediately downloads the saves.

- disable cloud save in the client

- start the game and create a new save, then exit

- enable cloud save in the client

- start the game and continue your new save

There is no message about conflicts.

Message 6 of 8 (38,374 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I've tried your trick but it didn't work because I couldn't even start the game without logging in to my origin account (the game in question being nsf shift 2 unleashed) I hope someone sometime can help me with this issue 

Message 7 of 8 (19,750 Views)

Community Manager

Hi Everyone,  

This post has gotten pretty old at this point, I will be locking it to prevent necroposting.  

If you are running into further issues, please make a new post letting us know what is happening and we can provide any relevant information available.  

Thanks! 

Illium.png

Accept as Solution button- If a post answers your question please let us and other players know by hitting this button.
Me Too button - 'Me Too' helps us track how many players are also experiencing that issue. Definitely make use of this button.
XP button - Say Kudos and help players 'Level Up' by giving them XP for helpful posts.

Message 8 of 8 (3,888 Views)