Re: Graphics issues on Nvidia cards (DirectX 11)

by bcooper18

Original Post

Graphics issues on Nvidia cards (DirectX 11)

[ Edited ]
Hero

Nvidia's more recent graphics drivers are incompatible with Dragon Age II and cause all kinds of glitches in the DX11 renderer.

The last compatible driver version is 340.52 ( 32 bit64 bit ). If you encounter any graphical glitches, I suggest you install this driver version.

Special thanks to Redditor Emberwake.

Update

Drivers post 361.75 may now work better.

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

Message 1 of 69 (18,822 Views)

★★★ Novice

Oh cool thought I'd never find a solution to this, I've never reverted my driver before though. I'm assuming it's safe and I can update to the recent one whenever?

Message 2 of 69 (18,593 Views)

★★ Novice
This is not really a solution. We have games that rely on the latest drivers. A proper solution would be using Nvidia inspector to enable a compatibility flag etc. Also Nvidia does not have a history of breaking older games compatibility as was mentioned in several threads here. I run ages old games just fine. This is an isolated regression incident. We should all mail EA about it. Meanwhile can someone export the DA2 game profile from the working driver version (with Nvidia Inspector: http://www.techspot.com/downloads/5077-nvidia-inspector.html) and upload it somewhere for me to check? I may be able to identify a real solution.
Message 3 of 69 (18,587 Views)

Hero

@Nodens_Tanthul wrote:
Also Nvidia does not have a history of breaking older games compatibility as was mentioned in several threads here.

It doesn't happen often, but I've seen it in several games. I remember having driver versions written down so I could play games like Mass Effect without textures disappearing.

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

Message 4 of 69 (18,564 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Has anyone from EA tried to Contact Nvidia to get this fixed in upcoming driver?

Im wondering if AMD is any better maybe i should get them next time. 

Message 5 of 69 (18,526 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I'm experiencing the same issue and just installed version 344.65. Hopefully this will solve the problem, because I'm mainly worried about Inquisition.

Message 6 of 69 (18,516 Views)

★★★ Novice

@MonicaDien wrote:

I'm experiencing the same issue and just installed version 344.65. Hopefully this will solve the problem, because I'm mainly worried about Inquisition.

Yes lets hope but fact that the game is amd show cased game it will prob run better on amd im pretty sure i read all gameplay they shown on pc was on amd hardware.

Message 7 of 69 (18,510 Views)

★★★★ Novice

No luck with the new drivers, and nothing else to update. It's playable, obviously and not all that annoying, but I just don't want to run into the same issue with DA:I.

Message 8 of 69 (18,507 Views)

★★ Novice
Can someone use Nvidia Inspector to export the DA2 profile from the working driver (340.52) and give me a link to it? If it is something that can be fixed via internal compatibility flags I'll get a fix for everyone asap. If it's something in the actual driver code, we'll have to wait for Nvidia. My system with Nvidia hardware is being actively used for indie game engine development so I can not afford the downtime to switch to that driver, export the profile and go back to the latest. So if someone is currently using that driver or can do the switch to export the profile, it would let me help all of usStandard smile If you want to help but need directions on how to export the DA2 profile let me know and I'll guide you through!
Message 9 of 69 (18,502 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

I'm willing to do this, but, in general, kind of a scaredy-cat about rolling back for test purposes, especially with Inquisition right around the corner. Are there any potential problems I might have? And yeah, I don't know how to use the Inspector.

Edited to add that I'm not even sure I've ever had that driver on this laptop.

Message 10 of 69 (18,488 Views)