Re: Game doesn’t work and no refund

by Fred_vdp

Original Post

Game doesn’t work and no refund

★★★ Newbie

I am so sad I can’t even explain.

i purchased the Dragon Age II on Origin and when I tried to download nothing happened. Like the laptop (I have a mac) was frozen. All my other games are working perfectly although this one I can’t even open to play. I bought a bundle which was £21. I immediately contacted the EA help service where they informed me that probably the problem is with my software and they can’t give me a refund. I was playing another pack months ago I did not expect for the game to stop working suddenly. 
I am devastated. I lost my money and I can’t even play the game Frown

Message 1 of 4 (566 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

@KrisztaBucsi  The refund process is automated via the link below. There's a no questions asked policy, so even if your computer is unsupported, you should get a refund if you're quick enough.

The refund policy summarized:

You can make a refund request:
  • Within 24 hours after you first launch the game.
  • Within 14 days from the day you bought it, if you have not launched the game.
  • Within 14 days from the release date if you pre-ordered the game, if you have not launched the game.

https://help.ea.com/en/refund/

Unless I'm mistaken, Dragon Age II is a 32-bit application and doesn't work on Mac since Catalina.

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

Message 2 of 4 (543 Views)

★★★ Newbie

It says that doesn’t qualify the game for a refund 😢

Message 3 of 4 (538 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

I have heard that if you have technical issues, you might still get a refund through support. The first support agent didn't want to give you one, but maybe you'll get lucky if you try again.

Assuming you have MacOS Catalina, you're not alone. Other players have tried to play DA2 since the update and couldn't launch it. Hopefully there will be an update.

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

Message 4 of 4 (533 Views)