Re: Game crashes while loading certain areas after installing Patch 1.04/High-Res Textures

by EA_Spectre

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Game crashes while loading certain areas after installing Patch 1.04/High-Res Textures

★★★ Newbie

A few days ago I bought DA 2 and started playing. Today I patched the game and also downloaded and installed the High-Res Textures. When I went back into the game everything seemed normal and I continued with the quest where I have to find my mother. Everything went fine and I could play and finish the quest without any problems. But when I then wanted to do another quest in Hightown my game crashed in the loading screen. I thought maybe it's because of the High-Res Textures so I deactivated them and tried again, but the game still crashed. I then tried another location(Fenris' Mansion) and it worked(even with the High-Res Textures).

I continued with some quests in Darktown, the viscount and the hanged man. Loading these locations wasn't a problem but whenever I try to load Hightown, Soundermouth or the wounded coast the game crashed at the loading screen.

So I'm suspecting this might have something to do with the patch(or maybe with the textures, but I did try it with them deactivated).

If it's the patch is there a way to uninstall it or is there another way to fix this?

My system data:

Operating System: Windows Vista Home Premium
CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU E8400 3.00 GHz
RAM:  4 GB Ram
Video Card: NVidia GeForce GTX 260 2668 MB

Message 1 of 2 (5,026 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Game crashes while loading certain areas after installing Patch 1.04/High-Res Textures

Community Manager

Hi paddi2602,

Another player has found a solution for this. Please read here:

http://answers.ea.com/t5/Dragon-Age-2/Crashing-after-1-04-patch-update/m-p/186782

Your friendly neighbourhood forum admin.

spectre.png

View in thread

Message 2 of 2 (5,737 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

Hi paddi2602,

Another player has found a solution for this. Please read here:

http://answers.ea.com/t5/Dragon-Age-2/Crashing-after-1-04-patch-update/m-p/186782

Your friendly neighbourhood forum admin.

spectre.png
Message 2 of 2 (5,738 Views)