Re: Dragon Age Promotional Items Giveaway items not showing up under unlockables

by selafferty

Original Post

Re: Dragon Age Promotional Items Giveaway items not showing up under unlockables

★★★ Newbie

Bump, having this problem on XBox as well.  DA2 was their free game this month, and the Social page is dead.  So how do we get the DLC to work for DA2?

Message 11 of 16 (1,766 Views)

★★ Novice
@Happysin I'm having the same issue. I can't even sync my DA:O/Awakening because the DA servers are down since like forever.
Message 12 of 16 (1,466 Views)

★ Novice

I just started a second playthrough of DA2 and noticed the unlockables for the first time (originally assumed they would unlock during my first playthrough or something).

I unlocked all of the promotional items from Origin, and to be extra thorough, synced to the DA Keep and verified that all unlockables showed up as unlocked there.

I restarted my PS3 and opened up DA2 and sure enough, the only unlockables that became available are Ser Isaac's Armor and the Blood Dragon Armor (the items with their own unique download from origin).

I reached out to support and they said since it is a separate system, there is nothing they can do and the items are only available on PC. I asked that they pass along my feedback to make these accessible to console players as well, as I really hate playing on PC. This is what I said:

It is possible for some of the unlockable items to sync to the console games, such as Ser Isaac's Armor and the Blood Dragon Armor . I verified this on my own game - after unlocking those in Origin, they became available on my PS3 as well. I would assume it is also possible for the items included in the Promotional Pack to become available as well, even if this means generating codes for the console that must be input by players, or creating individual unlockables through origin. The fact that I am unable to ever complete my game 100% on console because I discovered these items after the Bioware social network was shut down definitely decreases my overall satisfaction with the game experience and EA's handling of migrating There are several forum posts out there asking about these items for consoles so it would be great to make these accessible to all players, and not limit to those only on PC.

I'm a completionist finally getting around to unlocking everything on DA2 and it will drive me crazy if I can't unlock these items just because I play on a console instead of PC.

Message 13 of 16 (1,345 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

@justinregalado;  You'll have to check the PSN Store (or whatever they call it.)  I've never had any console, so don't know how things work in that world.

Message 14 of 16 (1,167 Views)

★★ Novice

Only the main DLC are available in the PlayStation Store. The Bioware unlockables are obtained by signing into the EA servers. Having the items unlocked on the server, but not able to access them in game is a big issue. I am currently going through this issue right now because I had to reinstall my Dragon Age: Origins Ultimate Edition on my PS3.

Message 15 of 16 (884 Views)

★★ Novice
@blackthunder3 I need to point out that any DLC you may want to purchase (if you haven't already, or don't have the Ultimate Edition) needs to be done by July 2. The PlayStation Store for PS3 and PSP will close at that time.
Message 16 of 16 (766 Views)