Re: Dragon Age II Release Date Check Failed

by leahshepard

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Dragon Age II Release Date Check Failed

★★★ Newbie

I've been having issues with my copy of Dragon Age 2 on my macbook (OSX). I bought the game of Amazon.com. It downloaded fine, installed fine, but when I tried to run it I it kept telling me I failed the release date check. I've spent all afternoon browsing forums and websites, and encountered many other people with the same issue, but with no solution or solutions that didn't work. I've even seen other threads on here with no solutions. I'm aware it's unlikely i'll receive any help, but I'm posting out of sheer desperation. All I want to do is play my game. 

Message 1 of 31 (49,259 Views)

Accepted Solution

★★★ Newbie

Ok, so! I actually managed to finally figure it out. I installed origin and redeemed my code there, and after I patched the game client I was able to register the game with EA and after that it worked.

View in thread

Message 2 of 31 (57,126 Views)

All Replies

★★★ Newbie

Ok, so! I actually managed to finally figure it out. I installed origin and redeemed my code there, and after I patched the game client I was able to register the game with EA and after that it worked.

Message 2 of 31 (57,127 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Hey, I'm having the same problem. How did you patch it?

Message 3 of 31 (48,275 Views)

★★★ Guide
You can download the patches here https://social.bioware.com/page/da2-patches or (if you redeemed the code for the game in Origin) you can right click on the Icon of the game and choose "search updates" (or something along those lines, I have the German version so this might not be the exact wording in the English Origin client).
--
Please remember to leave XP and accept solutions if a post helped you Standard smile
Message 4 of 31 (48,244 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Actually! I called EA about the problem and the patch wasn't the fix at all. The lady on the phone had me manually change the date on my computer to March 21, 2014 and that worked. So that's another solution.

Message 5 of 31 (48,144 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

i  never ever had to  do a date check  before on my other pc, why now,  i have internet,  8.1 computer,   so why the b,s,   i am american, so  how about telling now, my last pc was  windows , just loaded and played so whats the bull now?????????????????????

Message 6 of 31 (48,124 Views)

★★★ Newbie
Downloading and applying the latest patch fixed this issue for me.
Message 7 of 31 (47,990 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

@64horses: Please install the patches as advised and feel free to ask for further assistance if the issue persists.

--
Please remember to leave XP and accept solutions if a post helped you Standard smile
Message 8 of 31 (47,607 Views)

Dragon Age II Release Date Check Failed

★★ Novice

I installed Dragon Age 2 from a disk. I downloaded the patch. I installed Origin, even though I don't see a need for it considering I have the disk. I am STILL unable to get past the error message on the release date check. HELP! PLEASE!

Message 9 of 31 (45,653 Views)

★★ Novice

Thank you so much. I followed your suggestion, and it worked perfectly!

Message 10 of 31 (45,909 Views)