Re: Dragon Age II, Product Key Already Used!?

by Fred_vdp

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Dragon Age II, Product Key Already Used!?

★★★ Newbie

I have both games Dragon Age Origins and Dragon Age II. My old computer quit working and had to build new one. loaded these games back onto my computer with the Product Keys from the manuals. Started to play game and the game says I have the wrong Product Key. How do I fix this problem?

Randy P.

Message 1 of 8 (5,870 Views)

Accepted Solution

★★★★★ Apprentice

The product key is associated to your BSN/Origin account. You don't need to enter the product key again to reinstall or access your game. Simply log into your account using the email address you used when purchasing the game. 

If you don't remember your login credentials you'll need to contact EA.

View in thread

Message 2 of 8 (6,386 Views)

All Replies

★★★★★ Apprentice

The product key is associated to your BSN/Origin account. You don't need to enter the product key again to reinstall or access your game. Simply log into your account using the email address you used when purchasing the game. 

If you don't remember your login credentials you'll need to contact EA.

Message 2 of 8 (6,387 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Happens to me as well but it does not work the game tells me not unlock it

Message 3 of 8 (5,807 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

Sorry to hear about your problem.  Unfortunately there's nothing anyone here can do for you.

The AHQ is for "player-to-player" technical self-help and game-play discussions.

We're all just fellow gamers, doin' the best we can...

You need "official" support from the EA Game Advisors.

As the NOTICE at the top-right of every forum says:

---------------------------------------------------

Announcements

For any account maintenance, persona assistance or code related queries, please Contact Us using the Help Center.

---------------------------------------------------

You have an account/code problem.  Confusedmileyfrustrated:

Good Luck! 

Message 4 of 8 (5,800 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

I had this problem as well. I solved it by logging into my EA account in the browser and redeeming the product key of Dragon Age II there. This added the game to my Origin library.

I think this problem occurs if you had installed the game when EA-Accounts weren't Origin yet and now try to reinstall it.

Really hope that helps you guys, because I struggled with this for quite a while and it was getting kind of frustrating.

Message 5 of 8 (3,829 Views)

★★★ Novice

I had this same exact problem happen with me. First off, Dragon Age 2 is not an Origins game and has not been picked up as such unless EA has done so on an unauthorized account. In other words they failed to notify you first and give you time to adjust. Secondly, I had Origin remove my game DAO 2 for that very reason. They did so. Point done.

Message 6 of 8 (1,411 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

@BetterPapajack;  I can't even follow your post.  Do you have a problem?  Was it resolved?  Are you offering advice?  None of that is clear from what you posted.

Message 7 of 8 (1,393 Views)

Hero

The previous post was from 2015. I'm not sure if this old thread was worth reviving.

Like ThandalNlyman, I'm also not sure what your post is about.

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

Message 8 of 8 (1,377 Views)