Re: Dragon Age: Origins DLC item name/location name bug (blank)

by EA_David

Original Post

Dragon Age II DLC item name/location name bug (blank)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Hi,

I recently bought Dragon Age II and all the DLC from the Origin store.

All is fine, the game works perfectly but back in Kirkwall, after entering Gamlen's home, I get all of my bonus items. Problem starts with them, as for some I can't see the names except statistics:

snip1.JPG

Additionally, I can access the Black Emporium, and once there I cannot talk to anyone and have the same issue with name for the items I can loot there.

If you know solution, kindly please provide it me.

Message 1 of 11 (2,675 Views)

Community Manager

@SpellSongX Hey, can you try a repair and see if that changes anything?

If you right-click the game panel you'll get this option, please run this and check back in the game. 

Cheers. 

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 2 of 11 (2,642 Views)

★★ Novice

@EA_David I did use this option and it did not help. I have also tried deleting the game from the drive and installing it anew, still didn't help. Additionally, I've discovered that there are missing dialog lines and voiceovers for the DLC (Legacy etc.) missions you can access from the memementos. I would really appreciate if someone would investigate this problem and provide solution. 

Message 3 of 11 (2,637 Views)

Community Manager

Can I check what language your Windows install is set to? 

In some older games, certain OS languages can have odd effects in the game. If you're set to something like US English it's likely not an issue, but I'm curious in case this is a factor. 

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 4 of 11 (2,632 Views)

★★ Novice

My Windows 10 was set to Polish. I set it to English though to see if it helps but it doesn't work.

Message 5 of 11 (2,624 Views)

[ Edited ]
Community Manager

Thanks for the extra detail. Did you download the DLC itself through Origin or from a different source? It sounds like you downloaded through Origin, but it's conceivable that you grabbed it from another site where we used to host the content. 

If you got it from a different source can you click the game panel then "extra content" and see if you have the option to re-download the DLCs here? 

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 6 of 11 (2,610 Views)

★★ Novice
I bought the entire content from Origin.
Message 7 of 11 (2,601 Views)

Community Manager

@SpellSongX Sorry for the slow response. Can you see if a Clean Boot changes anything?

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/faq/how-to-clean-boot-your-pc/

If this is ineffective  but can you uninstall, set your language to English and try the install again? It's a bit of a convoluted step but hopefully it helps. 

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 8 of 11 (2,558 Views)

Re: Dragon Age II DLC item name/location name bug (blank)

★★★★★ Novice
I have the same issue, had it some years before but couldn't find an answer before. It was a different computer then now I have one for gamers but it's still the same issue. This is really weird... (I'm French but it's always been installed in English since I prefer original versions)
Message 9 of 11 (2,398 Views)

Re: Dragon Age II DLC item name/location name bug (blank)

★★ Novice

I also have the same issue. I have tried to repair the game and re-download it but neither helped. My computer is in French as I am French but the game is in English. It wasn't when I first installed it because it didn't give me the option to choose the language but I later went into the game configuration executable and changed the language (both audio and visual) to English. Maybe that's the source of the problem.

Message 10 of 11 (1,287 Views)