Dragon Age 2 won't save

by sydneymarie70

Original Post

Dragon Age 2 won't save

★★ Novice

Hey guys, I downloaded DA2 and bought the complete dlc pack yesterday. I created my Hawke and played up until the first save point, but I decided I wanted to start again because I didn't like the way my Hawke looked lol. So i restarted, and once I got to the first point you can save, my game wouldn't save. The first Hawke I made is still there and I loaded that save to see if I could save from that character profile, but it still wouldn't save. I repaired the game from Origin, reinstalled the game (twice!), ran the game as administrator, restarted my computer, checked to make sure I have the latest patch (which I do), and even uninstalled and reinstalled origin, but NOTHING worked.

My DA2 file is in Local Disk C/program filesx86/origin games and there is the packages file in documents/BioWare and Local Disk C/ Users/ (name) / documents. After my latest reinstall, there was no characters file so I manually created one and added the one original save I made yesterday. Again, I can load that save but I can't make any new saves. I'm at a loss for what's going on. I had the same issue with DAO and DAI. I fixed DAO though just by restarting my computer. 

Does anyone have an idea of what the issue could be? Is there something wrong with my hard drive? I'm disappointed that I just bought the dlc pack and I can't even play it. 

Message 1 of 8 (3,439 Views)

Re: Dragon Age 2 won't save

Community Manager

Hi @sydneymarie70

Apologies for the delayed reply on this. 

It sounds like there might be something that's blocking DA2 from creating or writing save files on your hard drive. Have you had a chance to try starting up your PC in a Clean Boot to see if that makes any difference at all? If there is something else running on your PC that might be interfering that may help get around it. 

For more details on how to set up a Clean Boot check out the EA Help website. Let me know if that helps at all. Thanks!

/Kent

Kent.png
Message 2 of 8 (3,370 Views)

★★ Novice

Thank you for the response! I followed the instructions in the link you sent, but unfortunately the Clean Boot didn't work. I ran an MSinfo report and I have that on file now. Should I attach that file here?

Message 3 of 8 (3,356 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Here's the file just in case

Removed MSINFO post, which included info on IP that I didn't feel was needed to be on the web, especially after post saying issue fixed.  Privacy info issue, MCSuperSport.

@mcsupersport

Message 4 of 8 (3,334 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I had a similar issue where my characters or settings were not saving.  Seems that "Controlled Folders" was turned on and "Documents" folder was protected.  I had to added the DragonAge2.exe to allowed application to get my settings and characters to save.

Message 5 of 8 (3,306 Views)

★★ Novice

Thanks for the response. Unfortunately I ran into other issues while checking my Controlled Folders and Documents, but on the bright side, the issue with DA2 is fixed! I uninstalled windows and reinstalled it. I don't think I'll ever know exactly what the problem was, but my game is saving again so I'm just thankful for that.

Message 6 of 8 (3,285 Views)

Community Manager

@sydneymarie70 

Thanks for following up! I'm glad to hear you were able to get it fixed. Thumbs up

/Kent

Kent.png
Message 7 of 8 (3,256 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@Pukru thanks i finally found the solution thanks to u mate <3
Message 8 of 8 (2,742 Views)