Dragon Age 2 won't install

by jiminsure

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Dragon Age 2 won't install

★ Novice

I recently bought Dragon Age 2 because I was revisiting what initially got me into Bioware when I was younger and when I try to install it, it doesn't work. I checked my Program Files x86 in C: and there's no Dragon Age 2 folder to install my game in. I've tried creating a place for it but the game won't install because it's a "read-only folder". I don't know how to change it from that to a valid folder or if I'm doing something wrong in the first place. My PC runs on windows 7 because I'm on a crunch for money and can't exactly afford the newest PC for the game so :/.... but it did say that it was okay to run on Windows 7. So should I explore my options and try to "genius" it out? or should i abandon installing the game...?

Message 1 of 4 (755 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Dragon Age 2 won't install

Community Manager

@jiminsure Hi, if you're installing through Origin you choose the folder location within the origin app. If you click "Origin" in the top left then Application Settings, you can pick the Installs & saves tab and choose the install location from here. 

Then you should be able to install from the library as usual. If this is still failing, can you describe how exactly it fails. 

Thanks!

David.png
Stay and Play.png

View in thread

Message 4 of 4 (788 Views)

All Replies

★★★★★ Expert

Which install channel are you trying to use?  Steam?  EA/Origin?  Retail disc?

The troubleshooting steps are different depending...

Message 2 of 4 (737 Views)

★ Novice

Origin 

Message 3 of 4 (733 Views)

Community Manager

@jiminsure Hi, if you're installing through Origin you choose the folder location within the origin app. If you click "Origin" in the top left then Application Settings, you can pick the Installs & saves tab and choose the install location from here. 

Then you should be able to install from the library as usual. If this is still failing, can you describe how exactly it fails. 

Thanks!

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 4 of 4 (789 Views)