Re: Dragon Age 2 "Failed to detect a supported video card"

by ThandalNLyman

Original Post

Dragon Age 2 "Failed to detect a supported video card"

★ Novice

I downloaded Dragon Age 2 and Inquisition from Origins (I have DA:O UE on Steam) and while I have no problems with Inquisition whatsoever, Dragon Age 2 continues to be a pain. I saw another thread with someone who had a similar problem and tried his fix of changing the resolution and aspect ratio to no avail (I used the same settings more or less as I use for DA:O UE, as there are some slight differences). 

I've downloaded it again after uninstalling and reinstalling it, for it to give me the same problem as before. I don't know what's going on, as when I first started it...it worked fine. 

I have an Inspiron 15 7000 Gaming. I don't know exactly what specs you would need, but it has: Intel Core i7-7700HQ processor; 4GB Nvidia GeForce GTX 1050 Ti GPU; Weight: 2.65kg; 16GB RAM. 

Any ideas? Thanks in advance! 

Message 1 of 3 (1,156 Views)

★ Novice

Update: Just checked...and neither Dragon Age: Origins Ultimate Edition or Inquisition work either now, with Inquisition telling me I don't meet the minimum requirements of the game despite me having playing it for the past three days. Something has gone seriously wrong with my computer since I installed Dragon Age 2. Hmm...

Message 2 of 3 (1,146 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

A DXDiag report would help, but I'm guessing your laptop also has the on-board Intel HD Graphics chip, and that's what your games are seeing.

Check your BIOS and/or the nVidia Control Panel to ensure you're set to use the nVidia card.

Message 3 of 3 (1,131 Views)