Dragon Age 2 does not play when clicked play [Mac]

by congliti

Original Post

Accepted Solution

★★★★ Novice

Desperately need help here!

I installed and played DA II a few months ago. I never had this problem starting and playing the game. And suddenly, I cannot have the game started today. 

I can find the Dragon Age II in the applications. After I clicked it, the small window pops up properly. All the options, "suppor", "website", "read me" and "exit", work fine. The music is running.

But when I click "play", the small window disappears, music stops and the application seems to just quit without doing anything. :catsad:

I have reinstalled the game and updated the patch 1.04. The start up window properly shows 1.04.

My system is Mac OS X 10.6.8. Since the game played before without a problem, it shouldn't be a problem with the hardware. 

Please, please help! I searched through the forums but I cannot find a fix for my problem.

If you need more information, please let me know. :catsad:

Thank you so much!

Message 1 of 3 (899 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Dragon Age 2 does not play when clicked play [Mac]

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Fixed!

So I opened the package contents of the DA II launcher. And I clicked on the cider and DragonAgeLauncher in the terminal format.

So it shows a list of things that I cannot possibly understand except the last line

2012-12-06 21:07:19.757 DragonAgeLauncher[884:903] Could not find image named 'bu7_dn'.
2012-12-06 21:07:21.489 cider[885:903] regapi failed: 1
2012-12-06 21:07:21.559 cider[885:903] regapi failed: 1
wine: '/Users/myname/Library/Application Support/Dragon Age II/wineserver-My-Name-MacBook-Pro.local-myname' must not be accessible by other users

I do not know why the launcher thinks that another user was accessing the game. But I went into folder in the address: /Users/myname/Library/Application Support/Dragon Age II. And I deleted a folder called "wineserver-My-Name-MacBook-Pro.local-myname". And when I tried to launch the game again, a new window pops up and it askes to sign in and register the game. 

Now it works beautifully like before. 

:cathappy:  :cathappy:  :cathappy:  :cathappy:   :cathappy:   :cathappy:  :cathappy:

View in thread

Message 2 of 3 (929 Views)

All Replies

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Fixed!

So I opened the package contents of the DA II launcher. And I clicked on the cider and DragonAgeLauncher in the terminal format.

So it shows a list of things that I cannot possibly understand except the last line

2012-12-06 21:07:19.757 DragonAgeLauncher[884:903] Could not find image named 'bu7_dn'.
2012-12-06 21:07:21.489 cider[885:903] regapi failed: 1
2012-12-06 21:07:21.559 cider[885:903] regapi failed: 1
wine: '/Users/myname/Library/Application Support/Dragon Age II/wineserver-My-Name-MacBook-Pro.local-myname' must not be accessible by other users

I do not know why the launcher thinks that another user was accessing the game. But I went into folder in the address: /Users/myname/Library/Application Support/Dragon Age II. And I deleted a folder called "wineserver-My-Name-MacBook-Pro.local-myname". And when I tried to launch the game again, a new window pops up and it askes to sign in and register the game. 

Now it works beautifully like before. 

:cathappy:  :cathappy:  :cathappy:  :cathappy:   :cathappy:   :cathappy:  :cathappy:

Message 2 of 3 (930 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Thanks. This also worked for me.

Message 3 of 3 (393 Views)
dai-dragon

How to slay monsters and make friends

BioWare's helpful guide for tackling Dragon Age: Inquisition Mulitplayer

View More

fifa-18-promo-circle

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

all-ea-help-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help