Dragon Age 2 crashes during loadings

by Alehria

Original Post

Dragon Age 2 crashes during loadings

★★ Novice

Dragon Age 2 crashes everytime during loading screens. Whenever I try to load a save or I try to make a new character. I tried scan/repair, reinstalling, putting the game in windowed, tried different resolutions, different texture quality, etc. I don't really know what to do. Please help. 

Message 1 of 7 (763 Views)

Re: Dragon Age 2 crashes during loadings

[ Edited ]
Hero

The crash report in the DxDiag refers to SS2OSD.dll, which according to my search result is associated with ASUTek (Asus). Your DxDiag does indeed reveal that you have a computer by ASUTek, so that appears to be the culprit.

If you have software from ASUTek / Asus running in the background, try disabling that in your task manager (press Ctrl + shift + escape). You could also try a clean boot:

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Battlefield-3/Clean-boot/td-p/526214

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

Message 2 of 7 (751 Views)

★★ Novice
@Fred_vdp Thanks for the response. However, my task manager tells me there's no Asus app running. And the clean boot didn't work, the game freezed even faster.
Message 3 of 7 (743 Views)

Hero

That's unfortunately. Still, the DLL refers to an Asus service, so perhaps you could contact Asus support and ask them what it refers to.

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

Message 4 of 7 (707 Views)

@Alehria 

You may look into seeing if you have A-Volute_3D_Sound_Experts program installed or running in background.  It is part of asustekcomputer/network interface, as previously stated with Asustek programs.  In your taskmanager it my go by A-Volute instead of Asus.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I am NOT an EA employee, I am just a simple gamer like most everyone else here volunteering my help to those who may can use it .....That means I have to pay for my games just like you, lol.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Message 5 of 7 (696 Views)

★★ Novice

So should I uninstall that? Because there is a program called A-Volute that has a file called Asus Sonic Suite, then another file named BETA 2.0.33, another called 2659 and a program called SetupSonicSuite_R2. I don't want to uninstall something I shouldn't, but if you say it would help and I can finally run my game... I'd do it. 

Message 6 of 7 (681 Views)

If you go to your installed program files, I would try Asus Sonic Suite uninstall and test the game.  This should be able to be reinstalled if you wish later through the Asus website or install disks(do they even still give these??)

Do one at a time, OR just see if disabling the processes in task manager will work.  This is going to be a trial and error situation, but any of the default installed programs from Asus should be available for restoration.  You can also create a restore point for your PC so you have a point to return too, if poo hits the fan during all this.

I am NOT an EA employee, I am just a simple gamer like most everyone else here volunteering my help to those who may can use it .....That means I have to pay for my games just like you, lol.
Message 7 of 7 (676 Views)