Re: Dragon Age 2 activating console on EA Desktop

by woodelwoo1

Original Post

Dragon Age 2 activating console on EA Desktop

★ Novice

Hey im using EA Desktop from Xbox Gamepass and im trying to acttivate console commands while im playing DA2. I have tried all the steps on Wiki page. By that i tried creating a shortcut but couldnt make it work.

There is something on wiki about EA "It seems that, at least in the Direct Download edition from EA, the tilde button is called Kanji. Editing the line to "OpenConsole_0=Keyboard::Button_Kanji" allows one to open the console as normal, using the same button". I dont know it means EA Desktop but this didnt work either.  I wonder if anyone have the same thing. 

Message 1 of 5 (2,255 Views)

Also having the same issue, FWIW. Can't use some mods because of this, and also apparently just stuck on some quests that depend on doing sidequests in the right order.
Message 2 of 5 (2,204 Views)

★ Novice
@80145fd20ac80f483cc518aaa6c15cab well i think there wont be a solution for this for a while, so finished the game without the mods i wanted to see :D. At least it was a short one so i rushed it.
Message 3 of 5 (2,192 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Same issue! Ended up testing with alternate buttons to see if it was the keybind that was the problem or something with the -enabledeveloperconsole in the Advanced launch options.

In the end it seemed like it was the keybind? Switched it to something super obvious like spacebar and then later to F12 instead and had no trouble opening the console with those (just remember if you use those keybinds already to set the old one to (UNASSIGNED) when you swap). My functioning KeyBindings.ini looked like this in the end for me:

OpenConsole_0=Keyboard::Button_F12

Tested this by launching the game through the client as well as the ol' shortcut on the desktop with the console launch command in and both seemed to work!

Message 4 of 5 (1,253 Views)

★ Novice

This worked! :-)  -  Finally! I had edited Key B, typed "endevcon..." to many GD times. I even opened a case with EA about it. They didn't know anything. I had always tried to use "~" (tilde), F12 got it. Now if I can just get the Mods, I've already installed, and were working back when to work again, I'd be a happy camper.

Message 5 of 5 (145 Views)

ea-play-promo-splash

What's EA Play?

New name, new look, same great benefits: EA Access and Origin Access are now EA Play.

Get more info on the change here.

ea-help-promo-3

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View more on EA Help