Re: Dragon Age 2 Windows 10

by Galdrago

Original Post

Dragon Age 2 Windows 10

★★★ Newbie

I installed Dragon Age 2 on Windows 10 and it says it is incompatible, is there a way to run it?

Message 1 of 8 (5,717 Views)

Hero

I just did a playthrough on Windows 10 without any issues.

Could you post a Dxdiag report? 

1. Press Windows logo + R on your keyboard
  2. In the command prompt, type dxdiag and press enter
  3. Click 'save all information'
  4. Open the text file you just saved and copy all of the text
  5. Paste it into http://hastebin.com/
  6. Save the hastebin file and share the URL in your reply

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

Message 2 of 8 (5,671 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

This thread is more than 2 years old but same problem and I haven't found a solution searching. Installing clean from Origin Access. Never had this kind of problem, at least not so persistent...

hastebin link: https://hastebin.com/awitodekuq.tex

dxdiag file attached.

Edit: Interestingly, a demo downloaded from another place works just fine. So it's the Origin download that seems messed up.

Message 3 of 8 (5,157 Views)

What exactly is it doing??  Starting and crashing??  box popping up with info??  Details please, as much as you can give...

If you can get it to run at all, or if you can use any of the config apps for it, I have seen where running in Dx9 works well for some of these issues.  Compatibility mode for Win7  may help along with making sure it is run as administrator. 

Also making sure your machine ISN'T using the Intel graphics chip and is ONLY using your Nvidia chip would be a really really good idea....which should also be under settings in power and Nvidia control panel....

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I am NOT an EA employee, I am just a simple gamer like most everyone else here volunteering my help to those who may can use it .....That means I have to pay for my games just like you, lol.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Message 4 of 8 (5,144 Views)

★★★ Newbie
It starts initiating, but crashes before opening main game window.

None of the Compability modes work, same issue. Neither does run admin.

Yes, I've tried both Nvidia & integrated intel. Nvidia set as default as well as tried manually select at start.

Oh, well. It would be more fun getting a remastered version on the PS4 anyway. :D
Message 5 of 8 (5,091 Views)

[ Edited ]

If you want to continue to try and getting it to work, then you may want to try these steps.....

1)  Make sure you are using Nvidia card and set performance to max...

2)  Make sure your power settings are set to max performance and you don't care about battery....

3)  Perform a clean boot of your system, repair game and retry the game with just Origin and it running.

What anti-virus are you using on the system?

What overlays do you have running??  teamspeak, fraps, MSI gaming, afterburner, Origin, steam...anything else??  If any disable all....

I am NOT an EA employee, I am just a simple gamer like most everyone else here volunteering my help to those who may can use it .....That means I have to pay for my games just like you, lol.
Message 6 of 8 (5,088 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert

@BikerJake; There is no plan to produce a "remastered" version of DA2 for the PS4.

In fact there's the same issue for the Xbox One, see this topic:

Backward compatibility for Dragon Age Origins and Dragon Age II

Message 7 of 8 (5,082 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I know the question is over a year old but I just had the same problem on an old computer and sorted it by running DragonAge2Config.exe and changing from DirectX 11 to DirectX 9 in the Video settings

Message 8 of 8 (3,862 Views)