Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

Dragon Age 2 Unauthorized DLC

by Mattaiyah

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Dragon Age 2 Unauthorized DLC

★★★★ Novice

I recently purchased the signature edition of Dragon Age 2 from Impulse (GameStop online shop). The signature edition includes the Black Emporium and Exiled Prince DLC, but I can't use them. When looking at the Downloadable Content section of the main menu, it shows that they're unauthorized. I also can't seem to find the keys for the DLC. Is there any way to activate the DLC?

Message 1 of 37 (46,752 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Dragon Age 2 Unauthorized DLC

★★★ Newbie

well i changed RequiresAuthorization to 0 and version (top left) to 1.5 (my update version) and it worked for me hope it helps you too Standard smile

View in thread

Message 5 of 37 (54,404 Views)

All Replies

★★★★ Apprentice
Message 2 of 37 (46,603 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Yes, I have. Unfortunatley, changing RequiresAuthorization="1" to RequiresAuthorization="0" doesn't work, and it makes it so that if I change back to RequiresAuthorization="1", my saves don't work.

Message 3 of 37 (46,600 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I'm having this issue as well - I installed DA2 on a new computer, grabbed all the DLC from the bioware entitlements page, and everything shows up as unauthorized in-game.  I've tried Origin Live Help several times, and they have repeatedly been unable to understand the problem, let alone fix it.  Incredibly frustrating, and I cannot find any solutions online (the file editing mentioned in this thread also does not work for me).

Message 4 of 37 (46,572 Views)

★★★ Newbie

well i changed RequiresAuthorization to 0 and version (top left) to 1.5 (my update version) and it worked for me hope it helps you too Standard smile

Message 5 of 37 (54,405 Views)

★★★★ Novice

i tried doing the solution but it still does not work for me, can anyone help?

Message 6 of 37 (41,907 Views)

★★★ Newbie

How exactly do you do this, make this change?

Message 7 of 37 (41,901 Views)

★★★★ Newbie

I dont know where do go to do that

Message 8 of 37 (41,846 Views)

★★★★★ Pro

None of this "self-medication" is necessary.

If your DLC is not installing/activating properly, contact an EA Game Advisor using the Help Center (link in the top-right of every page.)

They are the only ones who can resolve account, code, or game/DLC authorization issues.

Message 9 of 37 (41,803 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I wish this were true. I've talked to 8 different people over the last 7 hours. Half of them spent 35-40 minutes "gathering information" and "writing notes" only to give me instructions on how to fix the issue for the wrong game (Origins). I'm at a complete loss.

Message 10 of 37 (39,754 Views)
dai-dragon

How to slay monsters and make friends

BioWare's helpful guide for tackling Dragon Age: Inquisition Mulitplayer

View More

fifa-18-promo-circle

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

all-ea-help-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help