Re: Dragon Age 2 Unauthorized DLC

by RyanD1323

Original Post

★★★★ Novice

Okay, the new fix, because it does change.

game installs.

ask it what DLCs are available to install it will give you a list. 

It will also tell you they have been installed before, but go to the list and reinstall them anyway.

Then go to games. Underneath the main game...reinstall every dlc...clothing item, mage pack, warrior pack, etc...

skip all trailers...unless your dying to watch them they take up huge space.

Then when you go to the game...which might also have to download...

everything will be ingame...

If the game completely glitches or your box gets fried and hit by lightening....remember your going to have to go back and do this to play this game with dlc’s again.

It might play the main game...but not with all the goodies...it might even skip the marabi sometimes.

enjoy...you have beat EA and may now play your game...again.

Message 31 of 49 (5,412 Views)

★★★ Newbie

When I ask what DLC's are available, either through origin or the game itself, it gives no option whatsoever to reinstall them. It says that they are already installed, as well as authorized , but only after i changed the value from 1 to 0 and deleted the MID line as discussed earlier in the thread. This causes the DLC to become authorized, which it previously wasn't, but it still makes no appearance whatsoever in game. I'm at my wits end at the moment and I have no idea how to reinstall any of the DLC's, if i simply reinstall the entire game then i still have the same issue with the DLC but cant load my character at all until I manually go through and change the values (again) on each and every DLC, which takes a good 20-30 minutes and is extremely frustrating to do only for the load to now function properly and the DLC to not at all, I just keep going back to square 1 

Message 32 of 49 (5,340 Views)
Highlighted

★★★ Newbie

where the hell do i find game installs?

Message 33 of 49 (5,301 Views)

★★★ Newbie

okay this is going to sound like a * question but where can i change this because i am honestly confused

Message 34 of 49 (5,220 Views)

★ Guide

i have a better suggestion. i say we all write EA and complain our heads off until they FINALLY release a DRM-free Ultimate Edition of this damn game, and then we can buy the fricken thing again, and it will ALL WORK WITHOUT US HAVING TO BE ONLINE.

am i the only one who isn't _always_ online or wants EA spying on my gametime?

Message 35 of 49 (5,214 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert

@sirhcwarrior; I have no problem playing all three Dragon Age games, with 100% of the DLC, while completely off-line, even though they are (now) all installed via EA/Origin.

What, exactly, seems to be your issue?

Do the "trigger" locii not appear in your quarters?

Message 36 of 49 (5,203 Views)

★ Guide

well, that's darn interesting, since Inquisition  won't load for me without Origin, and Origin won't open the games without being online. DA2 *never* loaded the DLC without first hitting the EA server. DAO is the anomaly, since i DO have the Ultimate Edition with all DLC and no DRM.

so, lucky you, but my net connection was one of the things screwing up DAI for me, and then when i had all those issues with the DA2 free DLC i finally just gave up. i didn't need the dog that much anyway.

still, none of that addresses how much nicer it would be to NOT have all these issues getting stuff to work. the Ultimate Edition of DAO that i downloaded of GoG games was absolutely plug and play. would be nice to have that with DA2 and DAI. i get it - it won't happen, but for my part i think it's just a money grab and it's annoying how many issues people have had. honestly, i've had a WAY EASIER time _modding_ my games (DAO, and DA2, after i decided screw the DA2 DLC).

Message 37 of 49 (5,191 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

@sadmodder It's been a few months but have you found a solution? I'm having the exact same issue of the DLC not showing up even though they're now authorized after changing the values and deleting MID, and I've tried every other solution in this thread.

Message 38 of 49 (4,691 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Hey! so i tried everything as well.. I tried Editing the files i tried re-downloading and repairing everything... nothing worked! Just when i was about to lose it i saw a comment saying (It was easy , just log into your ea account on the dragon age 2 main screen.) AND IT WORKED!!! I use origin , i had forgot that i have 2 ea accounts and i was logging into the wrong one while i was playing DA2. If you have Origin log into EA account on the DA 2 main screen use the same EA account as your origin account. 

Message 39 of 49 (4,502 Views)

★★ Novice
@SlipKeYe man !! work!!! finally ! thank you so much !!!! nobody say for delete MID = "xxx" before !! you saved my gameplay !! nicee duty
Message 40 of 49 (4,244 Views)