Re: Dragon Age 2 Unauthorized DLC

by borciy

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Dragon Age 2 Unauthorized DLC

★★ Novice

I recently purchased the signature edition of Dragon Age 2 from Impulse (GameStop online shop). The signature edition includes the Black Emporium and Exiled Prince DLC, but I can't use them. When looking at the Downloadable Content section of the main menu, it shows that they're unauthorized. I also can't seem to find the keys for the DLC. Is there any way to activate the DLC?

Message 1 of 49 (86,415 Views)

Accepted Solution

★★★ Newbie

well i changed RequiresAuthorization to 0 and version (top left) to 1.5 (my update version) and it worked for me hope it helps you too Standard smile

View in thread

Message 5 of 49 (93,998 Views)

All Replies

★★ Guide
Message 2 of 49 (86,157 Views)

★★ Novice

Yes, I have. Unfortunatley, changing RequiresAuthorization="1" to RequiresAuthorization="0" doesn't work, and it makes it so that if I change back to RequiresAuthorization="1", my saves don't work.

Message 3 of 49 (86,154 Views)

★★ Novice

I'm having this issue as well - I installed DA2 on a new computer, grabbed all the DLC from the bioware entitlements page, and everything shows up as unauthorized in-game.  I've tried Origin Live Help several times, and they have repeatedly been unable to understand the problem, let alone fix it.  Incredibly frustrating, and I cannot find any solutions online (the file editing mentioned in this thread also does not work for me).

Message 4 of 49 (86,126 Views)

★★★ Newbie

well i changed RequiresAuthorization to 0 and version (top left) to 1.5 (my update version) and it worked for me hope it helps you too Standard smile

Message 5 of 49 (93,999 Views)

★ Novice

i tried doing the solution but it still does not work for me, can anyone help?

Message 6 of 49 (81,460 Views)

★★★ Newbie

How exactly do you do this, make this change?

Message 7 of 49 (81,455 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I dont know where do go to do that

Message 8 of 49 (81,400 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

None of this "self-medication" is necessary.

If your DLC is not installing/activating properly, contact an EA Game Advisor using the Help Center (link in the top-right of every page.)

They are the only ones who can resolve account, code, or game/DLC authorization issues.

Message 9 of 49 (81,357 Views)

★★★ Novice

I wish this were true. I've talked to 8 different people over the last 7 hours. Half of them spent 35-40 minutes "gathering information" and "writing notes" only to give me instructions on how to fix the issue for the wrong game (Origins). I'm at a complete loss.

Message 10 of 49 (79,309 Views)