Original Post

Re: Dragon Age 2 Unauthorized DLC

★★★ Newbie
@SlipKeYe you are my hero dude!
Message 41 of 49 (4,219 Views)

★ Novice

@Derekgregg wrote:

I'm reviving this super old but consistent thread to say I may have found the solution thanks to the EA chat help. My keep account (aka the login for my ea account) is different from my Origin account email. Apparently this was my issue and might fix most of your issues as well.

Is this stupid? Yes. You downloaded from Origin so you shouldn't need the same account login from Origin when you're playing the game...on Origin, but whatever. 

Alternatively, not logging into your EA account ingame also worked for me, so whichever is more convenient for you, both of these solutions worked for me. 

YOU JUST SAVED MY LIFE I MEAN IT. This was the only thing that worked for me you are my hero wherever you are I hope you find extra cash in your pant's pockets

Message 42 of 49 (3,848 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Thank you so much! It worked.

Message 43 of 49 (3,769 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

Either you go to  RequiresAuthorization to 0  if you are sure that you are logged in into the correct Account where the game is on your Origin Account, if not you will still see this message. 
IF  RequiresAuthorization to 0 didn't fix it means that you are not logged in into the correct account.
> If you have the game on Steam and like refund the game and got the game on Origin again, contact EA Help and ask to delete the Steam ones  it will fix the issue it fixed mine, they fixed mine since there were conflict between Steam and Origin one
those are the three available fix I have. 

Message 44 of 49 (3,183 Views)

★★★ Newbie

you are a genius sir. Thank you. 

Message 45 of 49 (3,066 Views)

★★ Novice

I just found it myself. You MUST have the same email account in both Origin and EA in-game servers to enable the DLCs. I can't believe I wasted my time on such a stupid matter.

Message 46 of 49 (2,944 Views)

★★★ Newbie

This is all well and good, but if you haven't logged into that account in YEARS and don't remember the password, there is no possibility of updating it as the BioWare website you're directed to doesn't exist anymore. I can go to Dragon Keep and my account is logged in just fine, but the password for Keep is the same password for my EA account, but not for Dragon Age 2.

I am beyond frustrated with spending money on DLCs I can't use for a game that I enjoy but can't update or login to.

Message 47 of 49 (2,920 Views)

★★★ Newbie

can confirm that you may have to log in to your EA account in-game (log in, below Downloadable content) in order for the dlc to be authorized

Message 48 of 49 (2,702 Views)

EA DICE Team
I'm closing this thread to stop it from being necroed.

If you have any issues with Dragon Age 2, please make a new topic about your problems and what kind of steps you have tried to solve them.

/Atic
Message 49 of 49 (2,558 Views)