Re: Dragon Age 2 - Redist VC++ error

by EA_Kent

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Dragon Age 2 - Redist VC++ error

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

I'm trying to install DA:2 from Origin. everything is up to date but when i'm trying to finalize the game from the install 

i get a "Error: The VC++ runtime redistributable package was not installed successfully. Setup cannot continue (1603)"

anyone having the same issue?

WIndows 10

RX580 8GB

AMD Ryzen 5 3600x

16GB RAM

Message 1 of 9 (4,193 Views)

Accepted Solution

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Hey Kent,

SO i refunded dragon age 2 and bought dragon age inquisition instead to see if that was possible to play.

The exact same thing is happening. for some reason my computer wont allow me to setup/install the Visual C++ 2008 editions at all.

Also, something new to add you did mention a .dll was missing and i did get an error for that it was MSVCR100.DLL  or MSVCP100.DLL. cant remember at the moment.

I uninstalled them all and reinstalled them all from the Microsoft website and it wont even allow me to do it from there either. 

im thinking this could be a MS issue in this case but yeah, not sure where to go from here on out.

thank you Standard smile 

i attached what it gives me after i try to run/installl 2008 redistribution

View in thread

Message 5 of 9 (4,126 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

Hey @Demolishwhor

When you've got a chance I'd recommend downloading the most recent Visual C++ Redistributable Packages from Microsoft to see if that helps at all. There might be some missing .dll files that need to be installed so Dragon Age 2 can run. 

You can find links to download the VC+++ packages at the Microsoft website

/Kent

Kent.png
Message 2 of 9 (4,155 Views)

★★ Novice

Hey Kent,

Thank you for your reply and merry Christmas!

I've updated to the latest of it and even uninstalled and reinstalled VC++ and did test compatibilities and nothing seems to be working. Even tried replacing the x86 with the x64 and renaming to tricking Origin. I had do something similar with DA:Origins and got that to work and play. 

I'll have to try the link you sent when I get home and will reply if it works or not.

Thanks for your time!

Message 3 of 9 (4,143 Views)

Community Manager

Much appreciated! 

/Kent

Kent.png
Message 4 of 9 (4,131 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Hey Kent,

SO i refunded dragon age 2 and bought dragon age inquisition instead to see if that was possible to play.

The exact same thing is happening. for some reason my computer wont allow me to setup/install the Visual C++ 2008 editions at all.

Also, something new to add you did mention a .dll was missing and i did get an error for that it was MSVCR100.DLL  or MSVCP100.DLL. cant remember at the moment.

I uninstalled them all and reinstalled them all from the Microsoft website and it wont even allow me to do it from there either. 

im thinking this could be a MS issue in this case but yeah, not sure where to go from here on out.

thank you Standard smile 

i attached what it gives me after i try to run/installl 2008 redistribution

Message 5 of 9 (4,127 Views)

Community Manager

The error in that screenshot sounds like it might be some kind of issue with 64 bit compatibility. Did you also try installing both the x86 and x64 versions of that particular VC++ package? 

/Kent

Kent.png
Message 6 of 9 (4,121 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

yes,

i have tried it from the MS website (which apparently do not exist anymore) and from the games files itself.

it is only the 2008 package that just will not cooperate. i read there was issues trying to install/run with windows 10 because some applications are still running with their legacy?

so to me its obviously older haha 

as you can see the file path is from the game itself

Message 7 of 9 (4,113 Views)

★★ Novice

so i figured it out for inquisition!

i went into the 2008 file within the game. went into the folder. deleted the 2008_x64. went into the 2010 file copied it and pasted it into the 2008 folder and restarted origins and it worked! going to see if i can do the same with DA:2

Message 8 of 9 (4,098 Views)

Community Manager

@Demolishwhor 

Thanks for letting me know! I'm glad to hear you were able to get it figured out for DA:I. Thumbs up Let me know if it helps for DA2 as well. 

/Kent

Kent.png
Message 9 of 9 (4,078 Views)