Downloading Issues

by starzandstripes

Original Post

Downloading Issues

★ Apprentice

With every origin game I seem to have problems downloading.  Since this problem has been an issue on 3 different locations with 3 different internet providers, I imagine others may have this issue.

The problem is any origin games downloads, gets to say 80%,  with 4 of 5 gb downlaoded, then resets back to 40% and 2 of 5 gb downloaded.  This process has been occuring regularly.  I confirmed I am not the only person experiencing this, both on these forums and other gaming forums as well. 

Since Xmas morning 8:00am I have been downloading Dragon Age 2.  I was at 99% about an hour ago, but I reset again to 62%.  This pattern has been happening all the time.  I have downloaded 4 different origin games at three different locations on two different computers and this has happened every time.  It shouldn't take 3 days to download a 5 gig game.  I can do this in a few hours off other sites and have regulalry.  In short, this is the only site I have this issue.  Please fix this as its getting to be a dealbreaker for me when it comes to buying games on here.

Message 1 of 6 (1,512 Views)

Re: Downloading Issues

★ Apprentice

And now there is a part 2, an error message.  When i try to resume download, it will not.   This is unreal!

Message 2 of 6 (1,500 Views)

Community Manager

Please try clearing your Origin cache and take another shot at it. 

http://help.ea.com/en/article/clearing-your-origin-temporary-files/

Running ccleaner may help too. 

http://help.ea.com/en/article/clearing-your-origin-temporary-files/

Thanks. 

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 3 of 6 (1,491 Views)

★ Novice

Page doesn't exist and this is still a problem...

Message 4 of 6 (1,157 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Same issue here.  I bought Dragon Age II today, hoping to play it tonight, only to find the update stuck at 61%, no matter what I do.  The above help pages don't exist.

Could anyone else point us in the direction of an actual solution, so that we can play the games we paid good money for?

Message 5 of 6 (1,145 Views)

★★ Novice

info bit....   if you installed DA 2 from disc it installs to ?:\Dragon Age 2 . Origin install is ?:\Dragon Age II

there is an origin folder @ C:\ProgramData\Origin\LocalContent\Dragon Age II

delete the contents and run the game...it should prompt a last patch and will verify during.

should work without the update in progress glitch showing up

enjoy

Message 6 of 6 (1,026 Views)