Re: DLC quests not showing up in-game

by sirhcwarrior

Original Post

DLC quests not showing up in-game

★★ Novice

I recently bought and installed the dragon age 2 DLCs and found out that they were not showing up in the game.

Additionally the game always tells me that there is an update whenever I open the app and I click on yes every time but I really doubt that it's actually been updated.

Manually patching the game doesn't work - it tells me i have to reinstall the game (which i actually did) because the Dragon Age II app has been changed. 

Please help Frown I really want to play my DLCs.

Message 1 of 15 (21,485 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

I am experiencing the exact same issue as well. I paid a lot of money for my game and my DLC. I expect better service and products for the money I am giving to this company. I cannot use any of my DLC, despite the fact that Origins says I have them all installed.

I even attempted to patch the game, however now I can no longer play Dragon Age 2 at all. Completely unplayable. And no DLC. What a crock!

Message 2 of 15 (21,445 Views)

★★ Novice

Same issue here, Addon Download, it shows the content in the game interface, but it is not playable (nothing in the Questbook); while the server always wants to update. 

Is there an activationcode I missed? If so where can I get it again?

Thanks for any help.

Message 3 of 15 (21,436 Views)

Community Manager

Can you try repairing the game? Which DLC is missing?

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 4 of 15 (21,427 Views)

★★ Novice

My missing DLCs are The Black Emporium and Legacy.

How do I go about repairing the game? 

Message 5 of 15 (21,425 Views)

Community Manager

Right-click the game panel in Origin to get the repair option. 

Legacy should be accessible by clicking on the large statue in Hawke's home, is that interactable. 

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 6 of 15 (21,419 Views)

★★ Novice

Hi David,

I bought The Exiled Prince on Dec. the 28th with the ordernumber:1001278958299, but I deleted the first emails I received, already. Was there a key in? The game interface in the quest book tells me that the game is not authorised. There is a star in front of the game. 
I have no statue except the one above the chimney, which is not interactable. When I start DA II I still get the request to update, what actually does not take palce, I guess.
Any recommendations what I can do to make the game work, please?

Cheers 
Chean

Message 7 of 15 (21,405 Views)

★★ Novice

Again, checked it with origin+repair option, but it does not provide me with any new game contents. My avatar finished DA II Origin, and I can not recall any further quests. Also added Awakening today, but it does not show up. There are new quests in the preinterface (downloadable contents) including Dark Emporion, but I have no access. This link appears under one option:

https://eu.dragonage.com/login, but I have no login for that page.

Message 8 of 15 (21,402 Views)

★★ Novice

Solved so far, it was the in-game login. Thank you.

Message 9 of 15 (21,386 Views)

★ Guide

i know this is a really old thread, but in case someone is monitoring this reply, i tried Repair AND i tried updating my login, and nothing seems to get the DLC to show up IG even though it shows all are installed. every DLC has a little asterisk next to it - does it mean that even though i've logged in through Origin, they aren't authorized? or they are?

and WHY did EA make all of this so damn PITA-ish? the DLCs are free to download now for those of us who own the damn game and yet we still can't play them??

Message 10 of 15 (21,201 Views)