DLC Installed but not available in DA2 on Mac

by gingau

Original Post

Accepted Solution

DLC Installed but not available in DA2 on Mac

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

I cannot access anything from "All-Class Item Pack II"  I downloaded them from my registered game content and ran the three installers. 

Nothing shows as installed and says "There is no downlaodable content for Dragon Age II"  

Nothing is in the box in Gamlen's house since recently grabbing the unlockables.

What's in my Folders.

In the contents of the  Dragon Age II app are "patch.erf"  for "da2_mtx_mag/rog/war", which is my pack2,

as well as    "da2_mtx_001-003", and "da2_prc_drk/eye/one/seb"   

In Docs/BioWare/DA2/addins are the data files. "da2_mtx_001-003" are the only folders in both places.

Also here are "da2_pro_futxx" which are from my registered downloads but which I also have no access to.

Questions

Does anyone know which files should be where to utilize these DLC's?

I can use my unlockables (Fadeshear, Hindsight, ect). Is this because they are the mtx_00x  folders which are in both the app and addins? Why then do I not have data for the Pack2 or patches for my other DLC's?

Is there any connection to the fact that only an early version of my first character is in that folder and acknowledged on my web profile? (some kind of mis-sync?)

I am logged in and the site sees my content, so what is stopping the game from seeing it? 

Is there a way to verify the email address is correct across the board? (must be ok, if everything is in my registered dwnlds?)

Jeesh, I paid 5 + change for this, and can't get past the Ancient Rock Wraith (Nightmare) in the deeproads without the rogue's  "Bard's Honor",

so any insight would be appreciated.

Message 1 of 5 (3,416 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: DLC Installed but not available in DA2 on Mac -Solved

★★ Novice

I used AppZapper to Uninstall

the Application, the Dragon Age II folder / Application Support, 

six preferences: com.transgaming.dragonage2 (two), com.transgaming.tginstall-dragonage2-digital (two), and for the DLC: com.transgaming.tginstall-dragonage2dlc-beep (two).  

Also deleted the cache: com.transgaming.dragonage2

Reinstalling the game and patching it, Then installing the DLC

makes the DLC content show up in the "Installed Downoadable Content" Tab, but it was unauthorized.

Removing the Bioware folder in user / / documents  Solved this problem, 

and now all DLC content showed up in various crates in the back room of Gamlen's House.

Remember to first save the "Characters" inDA2/Bioware folder to replace after the reinstall.

View in thread

Message 4 of 5 (3,986 Views)

All Replies

Re: DLC Installed but not available in DA2 on Mac

Community Manager

The folders I got with the "All-Class Item Pack II" are:

• da2_mtx_001 for the Mage Pack
  • da2_mtx_002 for the Rogue Pack
  • da2_mtx_003 for the Warrior Pack

These are folders in C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\Dragon Age II\addins - so if you have these you should have the DLC.

Make sure that you are connected to your account in the game to get access to the content from the DLC.

Your friendly neighbourhood forum admin.

spectre.png
Message 2 of 5 (3,402 Views)

★★ Novice

Thanks for the reply eaursula.

Ok, so I have those in my addins also, so far so good.

I also have them in the the application (Dragon Age II v1.04.5534) content folder

as well as the three mtx's that replace those numbers (001-003) with the first 3 letters of the pack (mag/rog/war).

So my installation should be correct.

I have no problem running the game, so the computer itself should not be the problem.

Which leaves being connected to my account to have access to the DLC content.

Signing into my account in my browser shows the items in my registered game content, so the items are connected to my email account.

When I start the game the splash screen says "Linked to EA account (my same email address)" as does "Options"

Options also has " log me in" and upload profile" checked

Also I recently linked to get my downloadables, and that showed up fine.

So, on the surface I appear to be connected, but Still no DLC content in the game.

Interesting side point is that my new character did not show in my account until I checked this morning. It also now shows my achievements.

So maybe there is some kind of lag/mis-connection going on.

Any other ideas? Any way I can be sure that connection is actually linked to my account?

I've given up on the game until I can resolve this.

Message 3 of 5 (3,391 Views)

Re: DLC Installed but not available in DA2 on Mac -Solved

★★ Novice

I used AppZapper to Uninstall

the Application, the Dragon Age II folder / Application Support, 

six preferences: com.transgaming.dragonage2 (two), com.transgaming.tginstall-dragonage2-digital (two), and for the DLC: com.transgaming.tginstall-dragonage2dlc-beep (two).  

Also deleted the cache: com.transgaming.dragonage2

Reinstalling the game and patching it, Then installing the DLC

makes the DLC content show up in the "Installed Downoadable Content" Tab, but it was unauthorized.

Removing the Bioware folder in user / / documents  Solved this problem, 

and now all DLC content showed up in various crates in the back room of Gamlen's House.

Remember to first save the "Characters" inDA2/Bioware folder to replace after the reinstall.

Message 4 of 5 (3,987 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I have checked and these items are in my folder my account is also linked but still no items Frown

Message 5 of 5 (1,870 Views)