by EA_Kent

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Can't see Dragon Age: Origins saves when starting new game in Dragon Age II

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Hi,

I have a problem with DA II.

I cannot see a list of my DA: O saves when starting a new game in DA II (on the character creation/import save-game screen), even though I know the files are present on my hard drive, and in the right location (My Documents/Bioware/Dragon Age Origins).

I could not find anyone who encountered a similar problem (in any Google search I did).

Not sure if any of this information is relevant, but I will try to supply as much context as possible:

My purchase/installation of DA II was done through the Origin program, and the save files from DA: O are from way back when I had bought a physical copy of the game. My DA: O game files/characters have been linked with/uploaded to my online Bioware account from the same time period. I had successfully linked my Orgin/EA account with my old Bioware one a few years back also.

The save files are from a previous installation of Windows 7 (same operating system I'm using now) - not sure if that's causing an issue, e.g. Windows Profile name conflict or something? This is my only guess, otherwise I'm stumped. I don't even know how to check this in the relevant files however anyway, so any and all help is most welcome, and will be highly appreciated.

Help!

Thanks.

Message 1 of 4 (3,062 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Can't see Dragon Age: Origins saves when starting new game in Dragon Age II

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Well I solved the riddle ! Confusedmileylol:

Turns out my save folder for my DA: O profiles was written as, "Dragon Age Origins", whereas it should have been just merely, "Dragon Age". Confusedmileyembarrassed:

So now I can import my save files into DA2 just fine. Confusedmileyvery-happy:

View in thread

Message 2 of 4 (3,281 Views)

All Replies

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Well I solved the riddle ! Confusedmileylol:

Turns out my save folder for my DA: O profiles was written as, "Dragon Age Origins", whereas it should have been just merely, "Dragon Age". Confusedmileyembarrassed:

So now I can import my save files into DA2 just fine. Confusedmileyvery-happy:

Message 2 of 4 (3,282 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

This solution doesn't work for me, my saves from DAO are named just Dragon Age and still, DA2 doesn't see any characters from 1st game when it comes to creating a character in da2 and you want to load saves...

What to do...

I'm logged to my profile, dragon Age keep has all characters... 

Message 3 of 4 (1,380 Views)

Community Manager

Hi there, 

Since this is a very old thread that hasn't been updated in a few years, I'm going to lock it to prevent further necro-posting. 

If you need some help with an issue like this please create a new thread, and we can take a look. 

Thanks!

/Kent

Kent.png
Message 4 of 4 (1,361 Views)