Re: Black Emporium: No texts

by Bibi_liothekar

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Black Emporium: No texts

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

So, I recently bought DA2 and I'm having a problem with the Black Emporium. Which is that pretty much any text and sound regarding that DLC is missing. I have the marker on my map, but it has no name. The message to my home was blank, the journal only shows "tbe100pt_emporium" as quest name with no description or anything. Any weapon and armor I can buy there has no name, the pop-up when I interact with the vase next to the golem comes up blank ... you get the gist.

I can only guess that this might be because I switched the game from German to English via the tool, but everything else (including the other free DLCs) works just fine. The repair option in Origin didn't help, either. And as odd as it is, I seem to be the first person to have this problem (or at least the first who's annoyed enough by this to write a post and look for a solution). Any help would be appreciated.

Message 1 of 2 (1,576 Views)

Accepted Solution

★ Apprentice

Re: DenverCoder9

@Bibi_liothekar wrote:

I can only guess that this might be because I switched the game from German to English via the tool

And that was exactly the problem. I had only the German files in the folder, nothing else. So I grabbed the installer from the Bioware site, unpacked it with 7zip and copied what's in $_2_/addins into the addins folder of my DA2 install, keeping the already existing files (you could overwrite them, but it's all the same). That fixed it - mostly. The quest still doesn't show its proper name in the journal, but other than that, it works.

View in thread

Message 2 of 2 (2,055 Views)

All Replies

★ Apprentice

Re: DenverCoder9

@Bibi_liothekar wrote:

I can only guess that this might be because I switched the game from German to English via the tool

And that was exactly the problem. I had only the German files in the folder, nothing else. So I grabbed the installer from the Bioware site, unpacked it with 7zip and copied what's in $_2_/addins into the addins folder of my DA2 install, keeping the already existing files (you could overwrite them, but it's all the same). That fixed it - mostly. The quest still doesn't show its proper name in the journal, but other than that, it works.

Message 2 of 2 (2,056 Views)