Re: Any way to get the BioWare Signature Edition items?

by Jamanosuke

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Any way to get the BioWare Signature Edition items?

★★★ Novice

I recently did some Christmas shoppin' and purchased everything Dragon Age-related on Origin. I noticed from the wiki, however, that there was a physical edition of DA 2 called the BioWare Signature Edition, and it came with in-game items not available anywhere else, along with DLC that's now available for purchase separately.

I was curious if there's any way to get those BioWare Signature Edition items? I assume there's no way to buy a digital version of the BioWare Signature Edition, since it seems they never made a digital version.

I figured I should ask, since alot of DLC for the older BioWare games which was previously exclusive in various ways is now easily available, often for free. I'd find it strange that they wouldn't do the same for the items exclusive to the BioWare Signature Edition, whether they would make it available for purchase or free.

Not a big loss, if I can't get these 5 in-game items, but I always wanna get the "complete" version of a game, DLC and all. Nomatter how big or small the DLC, I want it all, for completionist sake. So, it'd bug me a bit if there's not some way to get 'em.

Here's the wiki link for context: http://dragonage.wikia.com/wiki/Dragon_Age_II_BioWare_Signature_Edition

Thanks to anyone who responds to this less-than-urgent subject.

Message 1 of 11 (7,053 Views)

Accepted Solution

[ Edited ]
Hero

The Signature Edition comes with a voucher to unlock the content. However, I had a quick look at my Signature Edition and it says the voucher is supposed to expire in 2012. I'm not sure if the voucher actually expires or if it's just there as legal safeguard should the online systems no longer work.

Once the content is registered to your account, you can just download, install and authenticate. The base game included on the Signature Edition is the same, with only the box art and the included voucher being different, so the content should work on all versions.

The Signature Edition was only available for pre-order, so I think a sealed copy would be difficult to find. I found one on ebay, and it's quite expensive. For only a few items and not even a guarantee that the voucher still works, I think it's a bit excessive.

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

View in thread

Message 6 of 11 (8,045 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

Unfortunately not. I'm not sure why we don't sell/grant the content, but it seems that the only way to get it is to find a physical copy.

This would be excessive for a lot of folks, but unfortunately I'm not aware of any other way to get the bonus armory items. 

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 2 of 11 (7,021 Views)

★★★ Novice

Ah, alright. So, if I did get a physical copy, would I be able to register the BioWare Signature Edition items to my Origin copy? They'd show up 'n work like they should?

Message 3 of 11 (7,003 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

hello,

I just edit my tapestry in dragonkeep. when i see my career there i found that signature edition can be purchased via origin client. 

can someone clarify this? since when i see my client they are nothing (i already purchased all dragon age 2 dlc and there is no signature edition for sale).

Message 4 of 11 (6,996 Views)

★★★ Novice

Just wantin' a final answer to this question, is all. So, if I were willin' to get the physical copy, the BioWare Signature Edition items would work with my Origin copy of DA2, right?

Message 5 of 11 (6,957 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

The Signature Edition comes with a voucher to unlock the content. However, I had a quick look at my Signature Edition and it says the voucher is supposed to expire in 2012. I'm not sure if the voucher actually expires or if it's just there as legal safeguard should the online systems no longer work.

Once the content is registered to your account, you can just download, install and authenticate. The base game included on the Signature Edition is the same, with only the box art and the included voucher being different, so the content should work on all versions.

The Signature Edition was only available for pre-order, so I think a sealed copy would be difficult to find. I found one on ebay, and it's quite expensive. For only a few items and not even a guarantee that the voucher still works, I think it's a bit excessive.

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

Message 6 of 11 (8,046 Views)

★★★ Novice

Thanks for the info. I know it's an excessive option with no guarantee, but I'll still look into a sealed copy someday. But maybe they'll decide to bring those items to Origin before I do that.

Anyway, thanks, everyone.

Message 7 of 11 (6,940 Views)

★ Novice

Good news today!

This complete content (means from the BioWare Signature Edition) and all dlc's since appearance from Dragon Age 2 are in the new Dragon Age II-DLC-Bundle Package on the Origin shop!!Standard smile

Finally!

btw: The all Maas Effect stuff (means DLC's) for the second and third part too!!! 

Message 8 of 11 (6,210 Views)

★ Novice

Yeah, you can't buy this * separately, only in bundle for $15. Such a great news...

Message 9 of 11 (5,351 Views)

★★★ Novice

I know this thread is old, but I will answer anyway. I bought the dlc bundle, but the Signature Edition Rewards weren't unlocked on the DA Keep side. The DLC bundle says that the items are included.

So I decided to click on "Request Unlock" because the accomplishment won't unlock even if you have the items. Just do the same if you want 100%

Message 10 of 11 (3,446 Views)