After installing patches 1.4-1.3, the game does not start and writes: An error o

by liubawa77

Original Post

Accepted Solution

After installing patches 1.4-1.3, the game does not start and writes: An error o

★★ Novice

I had a game: license version 1.0 after installing patch 1.4-1.3 the game does not start and writes: An error occurred during the installation of the game

Message 1 of 2 (535 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: After installing patches 1.4-1.3, the game does not start and writes: An err

Community Manager

Hi @liubawa77

Have you had the chance to try repairing the game to see if that helps? If you're using Origin you can repair by right-clicking on Dragon Age 2 in the Origin Library, then selecting the Repair option when the menu pops up. 

If you're using Steam try verifying the integrity of the game files to see if that helps. You can find more information on how to verify the files over at the Steam Support website. Let me know if you're still running into this same error message after that. 

Thanks!

/Kent

Kent.png

View in thread

Message 2 of 2 (494 Views)

All Replies

Re: After installing patches 1.4-1.3, the game does not start and writes: An err

Community Manager

Hi @liubawa77

Have you had the chance to try repairing the game to see if that helps? If you're using Origin you can repair by right-clicking on Dragon Age 2 in the Origin Library, then selecting the Repair option when the menu pops up. 

If you're using Steam try verifying the integrity of the game files to see if that helps. You can find more information on how to verify the files over at the Steam Support website. Let me know if you're still running into this same error message after that. 

Thanks!

/Kent

Kent.png
Message 2 of 2 (495 Views)