Is there a way to manually save and avoid RESET when crashing to home screen?

by LariosoDog

Original Post

Is there a way to manually save and avoid RESET when crashing to home screen?

★★★★ Novice

I am on Xbox Series X, and had that for a couple of months.

Bought DR2 a couple of days ago.

Here is the story.

Playing career and just finished 4th and last stage of a location, and going stop at marshall then further and ....pop.... and I am on home screen crashing.

Next time starting game, it mentione descrepancy of local saved and servers, something like that and did a RESET of that.

This erased not only the last 4 stages of Wales but also the 4 stages I did the day before. Money earned is still there though.

This is no fun, so looking at possible workarounds that game is not stable. No problem during the race, but in administration menu, kind of. Campaign had to start all over, and did Monaco and all went fine this far.

Can you avoid this in any way?
- manually save stages?
- say no to the RESET, taking chances a bit?

This is all new, have not had that with console ever, this time on Series X.
But buying games that have been out some years have been all safe and a good experience.

Expected the same of DR2.

Manually saving between stages one would think making a RESET that was on servers would be valid, if done a manual save and just the last stage lost or similar?

Thanks.

Message 1 of 2 (1,436 Views)

Re: Is there a way to manually save and avoid RESET when crashing to home screen

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

I found a workaround for DR2 crashes.

I turned off 4k-setting in DR2 so game run 1080p everywhere. Use 4k=on and problems with crashes.

It was always in menues after finishing a stage it crashed.

So swapping between 4k gameplay and menues have some issues.

Now there is no way to contact EA support anymore, everything is routed here to forum, which nobody in staff is reading, so this bug will be there forever.

Message 2 of 2 (697 Views)

ea-play-promo-splash

What's EA Play?

New name, new look, same great benefits: EA Access and Origin Access are now EA Play.

Get more info on the change here.

ea-help-promo-3

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View more on EA Help