please wait scanning for downloadable content...

by domfather

Original Post

Re: my dead space 3 keep on scanning for DLC for 10 hrs please help

★★★ Newbie

I know this thread is a little outdated. Played the co op with a bud the day this came out. awesome co op game. years later came back for a revisit and had the same issue as described here. Ran all the scenarios did port forwarding, plugged directly into modem bypassing router. reinstalled origin, disabled anti virus, ect... ect... Here is how I got it to work for myself. I uninstalled origin,  not the game itself. reinstalled origin right from their website.do not launch Origin yet. then I went to : start, control panel, windows firewall, allow a program or feature through windows firewall, allow another program, browse, find your Origin folder and click open on the Origin application icon, click add. go back into allow another program, browse,  add OriginClientService , repeat add OriginER. When done you should have 3 origin icons in the long list of allowed programs and features under windows firewall. make sure those 3 Origin icons you just added are checked. reboot. Now open Origin and launch game.

Hope this helps

Message 81 of 85 (2,458 Views)

★★★★ Novice

An alternative to this would be to uninstall the game and reinstall it on the same drive as your origin files

That solved the problem for me

Note for Steam users:
Transferring the files via Steam DOES NOT WORK

You HAVE to uninstall and reinstall

Message 82 of 85 (1,604 Views)

★★★ Newbie

You Have to uninstall the origin app and reinstall it....

Message 83 of 85 (1,260 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Uninstall origin app and reinstall

Message 84 of 85 (1,260 Views)

Re: please wait scanning for downloadable content...

★★★ Newbie

Honestly I tried everything in this whole thread, run as admin didn't work, reinstalling origin and DS3, running repair, changing the installs to the same drive, managed to get to chapter 11 after temporary fixing the issue. Nothing works. I regret paying EA $10 bucks, wish I pirated instead.

Message 85 of 85 (615 Views)