please wait scanning for downloadable content...

by domfather

Original Post

Re: Dead Space 3 Limited Edition PC hanging

★★★★ Apprentice

Believe me, we are all within the same boat. You have it a little worse it seems since the game doesn't even fully load - even though some people didn't even recieve their purchase or can't enter DS3 at all. Once you are in, there'll be so much more waiting if you are unlucky. DS3 is definitely a case of "shipped too early".

Again, my apologies that I have nothing solid. The glitches and bugs are piling up so fast, one barely has time to grab a bigger shovel.

Message 30 of 85 (4,688 Views)

Re: Dead Space 3 Limited Edition PC hanging

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

tsjiiiii ^^ EA goin strong like EA does like EA always does :P

I'm stuck at the same point "scanning for downloadable content"..

Way to go EA and thnx for releasing yet ANOTHER game that's bugged like hell..., you might try and use something called a "BUGRUN" Wink

In the meantime i'll just ask for a refund and start downloading the RELOADED version Wink cause getting any help is kinda hard (just like finding a "forum"button on the mainpage )

*EDIT: guess what... the RELOADED version works... :P BUTTTTTT!!!!,,  to bad that EA failes don't understand that TriMon setup players do exist... i mean... 1620x1024  **bleep** man thats so 2000 i run games at 6040x1080... :/

But then again i seem to be the only one with 3 monitors... (theres a shortage of TriMon stands... but still no ultra wide resolutions in ur games????  ** FAIL ** )

Message 31 of 85 (4,673 Views)

Dead Space 3 stuck on scanning for downloadable

★★★ Newbie

i bought the game 3/2/2013 and try to repair the game about 5 times and try to uninstall and reinstall the game but the issue is that it is stuck on the "please wait scanning for downloable content" for about 1 hr and still unable to get into the main menu of the game, also there isnt a topic that is related to what i am looking for.......all the Q&A are other problems that are just sample issue that could be fix easy, but consider this issue of the game not working while waiting for about 1 hr i would say that this game is either bug or it isnt working right.

Message 32 of 85 (6,473 Views)

Re: Dead Space 3 stuck on scanning for downloadable

Community Manager (retired)

Hi flameragesin!

I guess you are using a PC? I will provide you some troubleshooting steps, if you are playing on console, please let us know!

At first, download and install the latest version of Origin at www.origin.com/download (and make sure you have your Origin account ready as well).
If that doesn’t helped, close the origin client and go directly to you origin folder  C:\Program Files\Origin Games. Run the origin.exe in this folder with a rightclick -> run as administrator. 

This worked out in the most cases, if not, try to deactivate your firewall/antivirus software and/or check the online ports of your connection:

TCP: 80, 443, 9988, 20000-20100, 22990, 17502, 42127
UDP
: 3659, 14000-14016, 22990-23006, 25200-25300
For specific instructions on how to open your ports, please visit http://www.portforward.com/ or contact your router manufacturer.

Please let us now, if this problem after this workaround still exist.

Cheers
Basti

Message 33 of 85 (6,417 Views)

Dead Space 3 Scanning for Downloadable content - No solution so far

★★★★ Novice

I have not been able to play Dead Space 3 since I downloaded it. The game gets stuck checking for downloadable content and never gets past that screen.

I have gone through 3 tiers of EA Phone support over about 4 hours. Nothing they instructed me to do has made any difference at all.

I want to recap what has been done so far:

1. All tier 1, 2 EA phone support solutions including clean boot, disable windows firewall, remove any/all software firewalls + anti virus, remove and reinstall origin, remove and reinstall Dead Space 3. I removed origin using Windows uninstall as well as manually removing it and all registry entries.

2. Make sure the following ports are open and port forwarded through the router:

TCP: 80, 443, 9988, 20000-20100, 22990, 17502, 42127
UDP: 3659, 14000-14016, 22990-23006, 25200-25300

Inbound port 80 is blocked by my ISP so although it is open on the router and computer, it is still blocked and cannot be opened.

I have also found a bunch of other suggested ports from portforward.com. All of those are also open and forwarded properly. I tested all of them to make sure they are open using Port Forwards port check utiility. All confirmed open.

3. Disabled SLI configuration and just used a single video card to run the game.

4. This computer has a single hard drive, so the common issue of needing to move origin on the same drive as the games is not relevant here.

This computer is used only for gaming, so it only has games and related software like origin and steam, chrome. I have no issues playing Battlefield 3 or Skyrim. They work perfectly and I play often.

Specs:

Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit

SLI NVidia 670GTX (Dual config)

16GB Ram

Intel i7 cpu

OCZ Agility 250GB SSD drive

I am not sure what else to add, other than nothing has worked or made any change to what happens when I start Dead Space 3. The game loads the splash screen. The Press Any Key to continue notice pops up. I hit space bar or any other key, the DLC circle shows up in the middle, the screen flashes for a second, then the DLC circle reappears and that is it. Nothing further happens.

Message 34 of 85 (5,234 Views)

Downloadable Content Scan Time is INFINITE

★★★ Newbie

The part on the very opening says "Scanning for downloadable content..." NEVER LOADS, please help

Message 35 of 85 (4,639 Views)

Loading Screen Help

★★★ Newbie

On the Loading Screen when it says "Scanning for Downloadable content please wait..." Never Loads! I tried Uninstalling the game and re installing but same problem /:

Message 36 of 85 (4,622 Views)

Re: Downloadable Content Scan Time is INFINITE

★★★★★ Novice

I have copied this from my another post of mine.

-------------

Have you ever been able to get into the game? Your first best bet is to reinstall Origin.

Here is a question though; do you have Origin and Dead Space 3 installed on seperate drives?

If so, when you reinstall Origin, try installing it to the same drive that you have Dead Space 3 installed.

This is a solution that I found elsewhere on the internet. Let us know if it works for you.

Message 37 of 85 (4,631 Views)

Re: Loading Screen Help

★★★★★ Novice

I have replied to your other post; try reinstalling Origin.

Message 38 of 85 (4,618 Views)

game start up screen stuck at 'scanning for downloaded content screen' . I didnt purchase any dlc content for dead space 3 .Help needed here please.

★★★ Novice

Message 39 of 85 (4,669 Views)