★★★★ Novice

Issue has been rectified. 

Message 20 of 85 (3,748 Views)
Highlighted

Re: Unable to access 'Downloadable Content' in Dead Space 3 Limited Edition

★★★★ Novice

@classiqueszen wrote:

Issue has been rectified. 

Hull breach rectified! Ha they certainly fixed the connection issue, but they didn't fix the buy-all-dlc-with-ration-seals-issue...

i get the feeling they didn't mean it quite that literally when they said we would be able to buy everything with ration seals

Message 21 of 85 (3,715 Views)

Re: Unable to access 'Downloadable Content' in Dead Space 3 Limited Edition

★★★ Novice

yeah, very disappointing

Message 22 of 85 (3,714 Views)

Unable to scan donwloadable content at the beginning?!

★ Novice

Hy, I Installed twice ds3 LE today, but i stuck always at scanning donwloadable content after u start the game and press the first time Enter or any key...

Any Ideas?

Message 23 of 85 (2,598 Views)

Re: Unable to scan donwloadable content at the beginning?!

Community Manager (retired)

Hi citr3x!

At first, download and install the latest version of Origin at www.origin.com/download (and make sure you have your Origin account ready as well).
Close the origin client and go directly to you origin folder  C:\Program Files\Origin Games. Run the origin.exe in this folder with a rightclick -> run as administrator.  Please add Origin.exe and Deadspace3 to the exception list of your firewall/antivirus software.

This worked out in the most cases, if not, try to deactivate your firewall/antivirus software and/or check the online ports of your connection:

TCP: 80, 443, 9988, 20000-20100, 22990, 17502, 42127
UDP
: 3659, 14000-14016, 22990-23006, 25200-25300

For specific instructions on how to open your ports, please visit http://www.portforward.com/ or contact your router manufacturer.

Please let us now, if this problem after this workaround still exist.

Please keep us updated!
Basti

Message 24 of 85 (2,581 Views)

Dead Space 3 Limited Edition PC hanging

★★★ Newbie

Hello:

I just downloaded and installed DS3 Limited Edition via Origin client.

The game starts fine but hangs at "Scanning for downloaded content". How may I proceed past this?

Thanks.

Message 25 of 85 (2,665 Views)

Re: Dead Space 3 Limited Edition PC hanging

★★★★ Apprentice

Normally the game scans for what you have installed / what can be installed and then just proceeds. Titlescreen -> Save Screen -> Menu. Everything, excluding having to select your save, happens automatically.

Message 26 of 85 (2,663 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Thank you for your reply.

Yes. I understand the proper sequence but unfortunately, the game quickly progresses past the title screen, the search for game saves, and then hangs (does not progress past) the searching for downloadable content screen. The progress symbol continues to rotate but the game does not move on. Any ideas?

Message 27 of 85 (2,659 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

This forum is certainly full of bug reports (which nobody bothers to fix), but I myself haven't heard of this one yet. Just infinite loading? Well, I hate to hand out obvious advice such as "re-install the game", but it is all I can advice at the moment since this is a new one. Perhaps others will have a solution. Try re-starting a little and etc.

My apologies, but it is more advice then most you'll find within a short amount of time.

Message 28 of 85 (2,656 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Again, thanks for your kindness in replying.

I have re-installed the game once already but still have the same issue. I will give it a day and see what more I can do tomorrow.

Thanks again.

Message 29 of 85 (2,658 Views)