Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

Re: my dead space 3 keep on scanning for DLC for 10 hrs please help

by skydog16

Original Post

Accepted Solution

please wait scanning for downloadable content...

★★★★ Novice

i bought this game  had to wait hours for it to install and during this time orgin crashed about 10 times.i finaly get it installd and i cant even play it.  after clickin on deadspace 3 and pressing any key  im stuck with a  please wait scanning for downloadable content screen..all i can do is hit alt and F4 to force a shut down or ctrl,alt and del. i have seen a few threads on here relating to this problem but i have tryde everything mentiond allready. just to clarify. deadspace 3 and origin are installd on the same drive. my OS is installd on another. i have tryd repairing the install,running origin in beta mode, runing origin as an administrator and turning my anti virus software off and i am still stuck with this problem.. please assist  

Message 48 of 81 (12,802 Views)

Accepted Solution
Highlighted

★★★★ Newbie

Alright guys this is how I managed to fix it, not sure if this will apply to everyones setup though. 

I had origin installed to my C drive but had my games installed on my larger D drive. When i would try to play the game I would get stuck at the scanning for dlc screen. When I reinstalled origin onto my D drive, where my games are, it went through just fine.

View in thread

Message 9 of 81 (21,114 Views)

All Replies

my dead space 3 keep on scanning for DLC for 10 hrs please help

★★★★ Newbie

when i start the game after it's says press any key it's just say please wait scan for downloadable content and not going any where i open over a night and when i wake up it's still scanning for DLC please help

Message 1 of 81 (20,371 Views)

★★★★ Newbie

come on guys please help i also wanted to play

Message 2 of 81 (20,274 Views)

★★★★ Newbie

Same here. I pre-ordered the darn thing, and now it won't even start? Great work EA...

Message 3 of 81 (20,272 Views)

★★★★ Novice

can confirm, have limited editon and can't play .. wtf

Message 4 of 81 (20,264 Views)

★★★★ Newbie

Guys, read here:

https://help.ea.com/article/exactly-when-will-i-be-able-to-play-dead-space-3

It appears, that for some nefarious reason we (or I at least) are trying to play a game that is not officialy released yet.

Message 5 of 81 (20,254 Views)

Dead Space 3 problems with playing

★★★★★ Newbie

I pre-downloaded Dead Space 3, but when the game was finally done downloading it did not want to run ( scanning for downloadable content ) and I did not get the Dead Space that was offered for buying the pre-order. It is 9 hours past release date here in Brazil (my country was considered North America and I am supposed to be able to play at February 5, 00:01 EST), and I have the same problem.

I pre-ordered the game to play on release date, not to wait for support.

Message 6 of 81 (13,571 Views)

Re: Dead Space 3 problems with playing

★★★★ Novice

I'm having the exact same problem. Checked to make sure firewall wasn't being blocked, no problems there. Just 'please wait...scanning for downloadable content."

Message 7 of 81 (13,544 Views)

Re: Dead Space 3 problems with playing

★★★★ Novice

I got the same problem too.I even remove the game and download it again but stil the same problem.Somebody help us to solve the problem please.

Message 8 of 81 (13,524 Views)
Highlighted

★★★★ Newbie

Alright guys this is how I managed to fix it, not sure if this will apply to everyones setup though. 

I had origin installed to my C drive but had my games installed on my larger D drive. When i would try to play the game I would get stuck at the scanning for dlc screen. When I reinstalled origin onto my D drive, where my games are, it went through just fine.

Message 9 of 81 (21,115 Views)

fifa-19-promo-splash

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

ea-help-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help