Re: Dead Space 3 problems with playing

by simon36922

Original Post

Accepted Solution

please wait scanning for downloadable content...

★★★ Novice

i bought this game  had to wait hours for it to install and during this time orgin crashed about 10 times.i finaly get it installd and i cant even play it.  after clickin on deadspace 3 and pressing any key  im stuck with a  please wait scanning for downloadable content screen..all i can do is hit alt and F4 to force a shut down or ctrl,alt and del. i have seen a few threads on here relating to this problem but i have tryde everything mentiond allready. just to clarify. deadspace 3 and origin are installd on the same drive. my OS is installd on another. i have tryd repairing the install,running origin in beta mode, runing origin as an administrator and turning my anti virus software off and i am still stuck with this problem.. please assist  

Message 48 of 85 (30,671 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: my dead space 3 keep on scanning for DLC for 10 hrs please help

★★★ Newbie

Alright guys this is how I managed to fix it, not sure if this will apply to everyones setup though. 

I had origin installed to my C drive but had my games installed on my larger D drive. When i would try to play the game I would get stuck at the scanning for dlc screen. When I reinstalled origin onto my D drive, where my games are, it went through just fine.

View in thread

Message 9 of 85 (38,941 Views)

All Replies

my dead space 3 keep on scanning for DLC for 10 hrs please help

★★★ Newbie

when i start the game after it's says press any key it's just say please wait scan for downloadable content and not going any where i open over a night and when i wake up it's still scanning for DLC please help

Message 1 of 85 (38,199 Views)

★★★ Newbie

come on guys please help i also wanted to play

Message 2 of 85 (38,103 Views)

★ Novice

Same here. I pre-ordered the darn thing, and now it won't even start? Great work EA...

Message 3 of 85 (38,102 Views)

★ Novice

can confirm, have limited editon and can't play .. wtf

Message 4 of 85 (38,093 Views)

★ Novice

Guys, read here:

https://help.ea.com/article/exactly-when-will-i-be-able-to-play-dead-space-3

It appears, that for some nefarious reason we (or I at least) are trying to play a game that is not officialy released yet.

Message 5 of 85 (38,079 Views)

Dead Space 3 problems with playing

★★★★★ Newbie

I pre-downloaded Dead Space 3, but when the game was finally done downloading it did not want to run ( scanning for downloadable content ) and I did not get the Dead Space that was offered for buying the pre-order. It is 9 hours past release date here in Brazil (my country was considered North America and I am supposed to be able to play at February 5, 00:01 EST), and I have the same problem.

I pre-ordered the game to play on release date, not to wait for support.

Message 6 of 85 (31,402 Views)

★★★ Novice

I'm having the exact same problem. Checked to make sure firewall wasn't being blocked, no problems there. Just 'please wait...scanning for downloadable content."

Message 7 of 85 (31,374 Views)

★ Novice

I got the same problem too.I even remove the game and download it again but stil the same problem.Somebody help us to solve the problem please.

Message 8 of 85 (31,354 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Alright guys this is how I managed to fix it, not sure if this will apply to everyones setup though. 

I had origin installed to my C drive but had my games installed on my larger D drive. When i would try to play the game I would get stuck at the scanning for dlc screen. When I reinstalled origin onto my D drive, where my games are, it went through just fine.

Message 9 of 85 (38,942 Views)