Re: please wait scanning for downloadable content...

by domfather

Original Post

Bug with Dead Space 3 and Mass Effect 3

★★★ Newbie

I recently purchased and installed these 2 games but am unable to play either.  In Dead Space 3, it gets to 'Please wait, Scanning for downloadable content', and never moves.  It does not freeze, the circle keeps moving, but it never goes past that point.  I have checked my firewall and the game is on the list to be allowed through. 

In Mass Effect 3, it keeps saying that Origin EA is no longer running.  Mass Effect 3 will now close.  I am running the game through the Origin window. 

Message 40 of 85 (1,921 Views)

Re: Bug with Dead Space 3 and Mass Effect 3

★★ Novice

"In Dead Space 3, it gets to 'Please wait, Scanning for downloadable content', and never moves.  It does not freeze, the circle keeps moving, but it never goes past that point.  I have checked my firewall and the game is on the list to be allowed through."

it does a quick folder and registry scan to for downloadable content, internet connection is irrelevant.

as I see it it probably doesn't have permissions for the folder/registry.

run the game as admin or if you have changed folder permissions, change them back

Message 41 of 85 (1,911 Views)

Re: my dead space 3 keep on scanning for DLC for 10 hrs please help

★★★ Novice

Bought the humble bundle and I am unable to get passed the dlc check.  I've tried with Origin installed on both drives. No luck.

Message 42 of 85 (3,342 Views)

★ Novice

I'm in the same boat.

Message 43 of 85 (3,309 Views)

★ Novice

Same here.:mansad:

Message 44 of 85 (3,289 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Also have the same problem Confusedmileysad:

Message 45 of 85 (3,222 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Also can't get the crap to work, no wonder it's one of the games you can purchase for $1

Message 46 of 85 (3,205 Views)

★★★ Novice

Happened to me.  Fixed it by restarting the Origin client.

Message 47 of 85 (3,095 Views)

Hero (Retired)

I guess you are using a PC? I will provide you some troubleshooting steps, if you are playing on console, please let us know!

At first, download and install the latest version of Origin at www.origin.com/download (and make sure you have your Origin account ready as well).
If that doesn’t helped, close the origin client and go directly to you origin folder  C:\Program Files\Origin Games. Run the origin.exe in this folder with a rightclick -> run as administrator. 

This worked out in the most cases, if not, try to deactivate your firewall/antivirus software and/or check the online ports of your connection:

TCP: 80, 443, 9988, 20000-20100, 22990, 17502, 42127
UDP
: 3659, 14000-14016, 22990-23006, 25200-25300
For specific instructions on how to open your ports, please visit http://www.portforward.com/ or contact your router manufacturer.

Please let us now, if this problem after this workaround still exist.

Message 49 of 85 (1,988 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

regarding the port forwording .I do not quit understand it.I could not seem to find a guide for my router on the link.  

this is what i see on mine.. please can you explain how i input the numbers from your post into the [box]. and if i should be useing any/tcp or udp. thanks

[Protocol]  [Port Range]   [Translate To..]  [Trigger Protoco]  [Trigger Port]  

any/tcp/udp           box                      box                     any/tcp/udp                    box             

box                   

Message 50 of 85 (1,986 Views)