Original Post

Re: needing a serail number after purchse of EA membership

★★★ Newbie
@EA_Illium there ıs no lıve chat and my case ıs not resolved
Message 61 of 74 (1,712 Views)

Dead Space 2 invalid serial number

★★ Novice

Hello everyone,

I've bought this game outside of EA Play on Steam, but thanks to some scammers i am not able to activate it. Crysis 1 and Medal of Honor have the same problem as well. The question is; How long does EA need to fix this annoying problem? It's over 1 month and i am still waiting.

Fix this problem already, or allow us to refund it. All of them. I don't want something on my library which doesn't work. By the way, i want to activate it on Steam, not on Origin. If i wanted to activate on Origin, i would buy it there and not on Steam. 

Thank you.

Message 62 of 74 (1,588 Views)

Re: Dead Space 2 invalid serial number

★★★ Newbie

Same problem here, and no solution.

Message 63 of 74 (1,552 Views)

Re: Dead space 2 will not launch(Invalid serial number)

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

I'm getting the same as all these folks in this chat:

1. Bought the game on Steam as part of a larger Dead Space bundle (around December 2020), attempted to install the game on Windows and Linux the other day there for the first time and got the same error/prompt to add my non-existent Serial Key.

2. Never owned or attempted to install the game before from any other service/platform (EA play...etc)

3. Uninstalled the game from my PC's

4. Raised a help ticket and attached a screen shop of my purchase through Steam.

Would appreciate some sort of resolution for this.

Message 64 of 74 (1,576 Views)

★★★ Novice

GOOD luck I asked for help today and they said to contact steam. so then I preceded to show them reddit forums and they replied they cant use them as they are not EA forums. so then I showed them this forum and then they told me they refuse to help me. Steam will tell you its a EA problem.

Message 65 of 74 (1,560 Views)

Community Manager
@se3424 To confirm did you purchase a copy of the game or a subscription to EA play to access it?

Illium.png

Accept as Solution button- If a post answers your question please let us and other players know by hitting this button.
Me Too button - 'Me Too' helps us track how many players are also experiencing that issue. Definitely make use of this button.
XP button - Say Kudos and help players 'Level Up' by giving them XP for helpful posts.

Message 66 of 74 (1,524 Views)

Community Manager

Hello all, 

we are still seeing some players having an issue with playing Dead Space 2, please read the below information to confirm if this is the issue you are running into.

Issue: Players are unable to use or do not have a serial key to use in order to play Dead Space 2 on Steam.

Some of the common examples are:

• You owned the game previously
  • You recently purchased the game
  • You are trying to play the game through EA Play

If you are running into this issue please reach out to an EA Advisor in order to get further assistance, If you have issues creating a case you can try changing your region, and selecting the case details of: [Contact us] > Dead Space 2 > Steam > Codes and promotions > Invalid Codes.

If you continue to have issues after speaking with an EA Advisor or run into the error again, please reply to this thread letting us know. 

Regards,  

Illium.png

Accept as Solution button- If a post answers your question please let us and other players know by hitting this button.
Me Too button - 'Me Too' helps us track how many players are also experiencing that issue. Definitely make use of this button.
XP button - Say Kudos and help players 'Level Up' by giving them XP for helpful posts.

Message 67 of 74 (15,323 Views)

★ Novice

I still don't have a solution to this, despite raising a ticket and providing a screen shot of my purchase. What does it take to get something moving on this?

Message 68 of 74 (1,461 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Hello, I'm having a problem with the game of "Dead space 2" it showing me a error message containing "Invalid Serial Number" & I need a valid serial number to be enter in the box, so that I can play the game. Just to inform you I bought it on steam last Oct 30, 2019. I really Appreciated your help, I already attach the proof of my purchased

Message 69 of 74 (1,391 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

@EA_IlliumHi, i am sorry for the late reply, but my problem is fixed. I've bought a copy of the game a long time ago, but didn't played it before. Now it works again. Other EA Games work as well.

Message 70 of 74 (1,346 Views)