could not initialize display hardware dead space

by Poor_Aim

Original Post

Re: could not initialize display hardware dead space

Community Manager

Try replacing the text in the settings file with the text Gunny posted above, save the file and retry.

barry.png
Message 21 of 28 (4,531 Views)

★★★ Newbie

It didnt work so i would like help

Message 22 of 28 (4,255 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

Ive had TONS of trouble starting up Dead Space 3.  It did not work on my old computer, but I was getting a different error then this.  Then I got a new computer, had windows 7 installed, and it still would not work.  I searched the internet and could not find anything that would help.  After a year or two I decided to upgrade to windows 10 after getting a new graphics card for directX 11 and decided to try to play Dead Space 3 again.  I got this error and was extremely pissed off haha.  I stumbled across this and FINALLY was able to play!!! 

Thank you very much for the info! 

The only thing I would add is to restart your computer after making the file in /AppData/Local/Electronic Arts/Dead Space.  It would not work directly after making the new settings file for me. 

I also think this was the problem all along, all the way back to my old computer and the first attempt to play.  Wish I knew then heh.

Message 23 of 28 (3,724 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Hello.

I have the same problem, but with Dead Space 2. I tried to fix it, like it's written there, but it didn't work. And now, I can't find any tutorials how to fix that. What should I do now? I would  be very glad if you will help me.

Thanks in advance, adamvanco023

Message 24 of 28 (2,572 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I am using an GTX 1070 G1 (8 gig card) and am unable to get the game to launch even after following every solution from Gunny. If there is any other solutions people have then please send them my way.

Message 25 of 28 (2,480 Views)

★★★ Newbie

THANK YOU SOOOOO MUCH!!! Origin had made a folder named EA Games in the same location (AppData/Local), so I kept trying to make the Dead Space folder and settings.txt in there and it just would not work. But now that I made the new folder and named correctly It works just fine I have spent hours looking for solutions and trying to get it working, I was getting SO damn fusturated, THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU!!!

Message 26 of 28 (2,058 Views)

★★ Novice

I now have the same issue(s).

Dead Space (Steam) worked fine since 2013 until I had to re-install Windows 7 this weekend and wipe my HDD due to Microshaft knackering Windoze to the point no restore points existed and system repair didn't work.

Now I have re-installed it I can get into the menu screen if I hack the settings file to NOT use Fullscreen.

BUT as soon as I start to play a game - BANG... Dead Space Has Stopped Working.

Oddly enough, sometimes it just manages to draw the faint outline of the ship on the loading screen before it decides to give me a stress migraine.

And YES, I have a PC that meets the requirements OBVIOUSLY as it worked fine for years.

And YES, I have all the latest drivers, service packs, VC this and DX that blah blah blah blah OBVIOUSLY.

I can't understand nor comprehend how it can just decide "* IT" and no longer work.

So support people, do what you are paid to do and give some support here.

I am not going to beg for help as I paid good money for this.

SORT IT OUT.

Message 27 of 28 (1,912 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Hello, I'm have stumbled in this error and tried the solutions mentioned above but the erro continues, this solution will work for origin downloaded DS2 or it just applies to the steam version? I'm using win10 and AMD Radeon 6670

Message 28 of 28 (1,088 Views)