What happens to my Dead Space 3 copy if I re-buy the game on Steam?

by NightcoreBone

Original Post

Accepted Solution

What happens to my Dead Space 3 copy if I re-buy the game on Steam?

★★★ Newbie

I currently have Dead Space 3 already bought with all of the DLCs on my Origin account with 100% completion of the game and with all achievements except for the last 1 which is bugged.

So I'm just wondering if I keep all of my progress, save files, achievements and DLCs and if they get transferred over to my Steam account if I decide to buy it on there? Or am I going to have to start over and redo all of the achievements and re-buy all the DLCs on Steam to be able to access all the content through my Steam account?

Message 1 of 3 (1,414 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: What happens to my Dead Space 3 copy if I re-buy the game on Steam?

Community Manager
Hi @NightcoreBone,

Progress won't transfer over to Steam from Origin for Dead Space 3, you won't need to repurchase any DLC on Steam if you already own it.
EACade

View in thread

Message 2 of 3 (1,356 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager
Hi @NightcoreBone,

Progress won't transfer over to Steam from Origin for Dead Space 3, you won't need to repurchase any DLC on Steam if you already own it.
EACade
Message 2 of 3 (1,357 Views)

@EA_Cade wrote:
Hi @NightcoreBone,

Sorry for the necro @EA_Cade  but this is incorrect regarding the progress. I have Dead Space 3 on Origin and just bought it on Steam and all progress and achievements transferred. Now the strange part is Origin launches steam to install DS3 even when I try to install it via Origin instead of Steam on another computer that I never installed the steam copy on. Is there any workaround to get my Origin copy to install without Steam?

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Please mark a thread as solved if a post solves your issue.

EA Answers HQ Volunteer Forum Moderator

BF3, BF4, BF1, BFV DICE Friend tag awardee

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

Twitter: Ragnarok013
Message 3 of 3 (1,018 Views)