Re: Viral Suits For New Players (Other was randomly marked as spam)

by WolfKann

Original Post

[Request] Viral Suits For Players? Game Update Possible?

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

I'm sure many Dead Space 2 players remember the release of Dead Space 2: Operation Outbreak, Where our Favorite Director Hans Tiedemann has us Issac-Clarke Wannabe's put on the uniform and fight for our lives for objectives.

DS2OOB.png

We had Viral suits upon release, but as it's come to my attention we can rarely find anyone with these suits 

The ones explain in this video, ^ that talk about you only gain them by killing a player with one

I had gone to a support request, and popped the question about perhaps adding them to some of the newer players accounts as like an event, to get people to spark more interest in getting them, or perhaps adding an event-objective in game to get them

I.E - Get 500 lurker kills with the line-gun to unlock the White-Viral Security Suit or Kill someone with the White Viral Security Suit as a Necro-morphs to gain it (both become valid options instead of just one being a valid option to get it)

I think it would be cool to unlock those suits by dedicated players, but keep the viral interesting to be taken just by killing someone, It would probably bring back more attention to the game, as we have multiple people who still make Dead space 2 Lobbies with friends, and it would be nice to see it go to worth.

ALSO, PERHAPS ADD THE TWO MAPS FROM THE XBOX-VERSION TO THE PC-VERSION, THE ACADEMY AND SUCH

And, ALTMAN BE PRAISED TO YOU ALL.

Message 1 of 8 (1,933 Views)

★ Novice

unlocking the extra suits (viral/dr pepper), maps and maybe also the rivet gun for multiplayer would definitely be very nice! I'm not sure why these never got a pc release

Message 2 of 8 (1,911 Views)

★★★ Novice

Personally I believe it's unfair we didn't get these things even if they're in the game files

(Like not Getting DS2 Severed DLC but there's a patrol suit in the game files.)

The Free DLC for steam is nice, but it is kinda unfun and unfair for some of us on PC who want to play a game we love but we don't get the same equipment as an XBOX or Playstation Player

Message 3 of 8 (1,888 Views)

★★★ Novice

-BUMP-

Can we get some info on this request from anyone in EA? at all?

Message 4 of 8 (1,597 Views)

Re: Viral Suits For Players? Game Update Possible?

★★★ Novice

Is anyone at EA able to respond to this?

I see EA people responding to multiple other posts, and it makes me quite upset for this to go unanswered.

Message 5 of 8 (1,508 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I agree with you on the viral suits part. I don't think anyone has a full set of all of them, including the 2 promo maroon suits that you could only get with a Dr. Pepper code (still wondering if that's even real).

I mostly play the Multiplayer on PS3 with all the DLC, because Steam never wants to work with the servers. The only solution is to buy it on EA, which I'd just be waiting for a sale in the future. I hope your voice is heard, but no one has touched the original Dead Space games in years.

Message 6 of 8 (965 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Ok, so turns out you can still unlock every suit, even secret suits exclusive to developers, through modding. Here's the guide:
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2999674824

Message 7 of 8 (656 Views)

Community Manager

Hey Everyone

As this thread is a bit old at this point, things have changed and been updated, we are going to lock this down so that we can prevent any necro-posting.

If you run into any further questions or concerns about content, or game issues, please create a new thread so that we can begin tracking accordingly!

Cheers!

EA_ShepardAHQ

Accept as Solution button- If a post answers your question please let us and other players know by hitting this button.
Me Too button - 'Me Too' helps us track how many players are also experiencing that issue. Definitely make use of this button.
XP button - Say Kudos and help players 'Level Up' by giving them XP for helpful posts.

Message 8 of 8 (613 Views)