Re: Steam version of Dead Space 3 won't launch [greyed out in Origin launcher]

by dantheman46950

Original Post

Steam version of Dead Space 3 won't launch [greyed out in Origin launcher]

★ Novice

I bought Dead Space 3 via steam a couple years ago and put about 13 hours into it when suddenly the game stopped launching, I'd start the game and nothing would happen.  When checking the origin client it shows the game in my library like all my other games but for some reason it's greyed out and acts like I don't own the game.  I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling the game but that didn't work. I even bought a new PC since then and reinstalled everything onto the new PC and it still wont let me play the game.

Message 1 of 5 (789 Views)

Community Manager
@dantheman46950 To confirm if you try to install and launch via Steam, does the game not launch?

Illium.png

Accept as Solution button- If a post answers your question please let us and other players know by hitting this button.
Me Too button - 'Me Too' helps us track how many players are also experiencing that issue. Definitely make use of this button.
XP button - Say Kudos and help players 'Level Up' by giving them XP for helpful posts.

Message 2 of 5 (760 Views)

★ Novice

Yes if I try to install and launch via steam the game won't launch.

Message 3 of 5 (747 Views)

Community Manager
@dantheman46950 To confirm have you ever unlinked the accounts, and linked either to a different one? If not can you try to verify the game via Steam, close both clients, then launch Steam as admin and try to run DS3?

Illium.png

Accept as Solution button- If a post answers your question please let us and other players know by hitting this button.
Me Too button - 'Me Too' helps us track how many players are also experiencing that issue. Definitely make use of this button.
XP button - Say Kudos and help players 'Level Up' by giving them XP for helpful posts.

Message 4 of 5 (712 Views)

★ Novice

I've never unlinked the accounts and linked them to any other account before.  I also tried verifying the game on steam and closed both clients and ran steam as administrator and proceeded to launch Dead Space 3 via steam but still no dice.

Message 5 of 5 (696 Views)