Purchasing resources, warning for XB1

by mitchcraft_nm3

Original Post

Purchasing resources, warning for XB1

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Hi there,

So yeah this is kind of alarming....

When trying to purchase resources at the BENCH by hitting the Y button, up pops a message which reads "You might not be able to use this on Xbox One, but you can still buy it for Xbox 360."

I would have thought surely EA knows whether or not this works or not otherwise there would be no message at all. So what is it that makes this message a "might" instead of "can" or "can not" ?

Is there something, some variable in the way you purchase these resources that makes them work at some time in the game, yet not at others? I mean there is something stopping me purchase them at this moment anyway which i will go in to later in the post but for now i was wondering is there an answer from EA on this anywhere or do we have a hero out there that was willing in a time where microtransactions are probably looked at as hell its self more so now than any other time, especially after what Jim Sterling dubbed 2017 as "The year of the lootbox" [sic] 😜

If there was someone who was in the same situation as i am and willing to chance the loss of money no matter how little just to see if it would work, then dude/dudette you have my utter most respect for taking this risk when most of us are trying to hold back on spending money on this kind of DLC i guess we could call it for this post?

If there is an answer does anyone know is this purely for the resources as so far it is the only items that the message has appeared for. To be exact "Resource Pack", "Ultra Weapon and Resource Pack" and "Epic Weapon Pack and Resource Pack" are the 3 store items that this message has appeared for me. So yeah i of course wonder does this message definitely only apply to said 3 items?

Now as i mentioned there is something stopping me from purchasing these items from the in game store at this time (I am unsure if i can purchase them out of the game?) oh and (I also don't know who this is worse for? Me possibly wanting to buy some items or EA knowing that i am interested in spending money on said items but can't, lol sorry couldn't help myself there 😁)

What happens is i am told my purchasing info couldn't be retrieved, sometimes with Status Code 83820065 https://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-360/xbox-live/error-code-83820065

My info is good in that regards to the help given in the link so i dunno what's going on there???

Anyway, like i said if there has been some totally awesome person that tested this out and has answers to these questions regarding whether all items don't work on XB1, just the resources or if they all work perfectly fine or under certain conditions, as i said you have my utter most respect and i am sure i am not alone in thanking you if people who read this don't have an account but are glad to have came upon this message board and find your answers.

EA, if you have the answers, please could you give us a more detailed answer or find out for us as surely you don't want us spending money on your products and then they don't actually give us what we paid for 😇

EDIT: Just a bit more info, i am playing this using the EA subscription service.

Thanks for any replies, Regards Mitch.

Happy gaming all. 🎮

Message 1 of 2 (324 Views)

Re: Purchasing resources, warning for XB1

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

OK Here is a small update for people who may be wondering the same.....

During chapter 4 you start in a room with a BENCH in it. This was the bench that would not work earlier but i tried just now and was willing to test the cheapest Resource Pack which was only £0:60 so i thought sod it i am willing to try for 60p and this time it connected to my payment details fine and although it gave me the same warning for it possibly not working on the XB1 i counted my inventory and it did indeed work.

Now i am not saying people should do this but the variables could be different benches work while others don't so maybe you should do a small test like i did with the 60p or your currency equivalent and if it works then maybe if there is more DLC you want, you would be best to get it there and then while you know that at least the first one worked.

I am not ready to do it yet, i am going to wait and see if anyone else has answers before i commit to paying for more things that could end up not working. I just thought i would share that there was at least a success with the cheapest pack.

Message 2 of 2 (308 Views)