Problems with audio adjustment using Windows 10 Audio Mixer

by firefly223

Original Post

Problems with audio adjustment using Windows 10 Audio Mixer

★ Novice

I recently bought Dead Space 3, my first Origin game, and for my other games (GOG and Steam) I usually use Audio Mixer to lower the volume for applications, as it offers the most balanced way to speak to friends in a Discord chat and hear my game. (the in-game audio settings just end up making it too quiet or too loud)

However, Deadspace 3 doesn't seem to like my use of the Mixer, I will Alt-Tab out of the game, lower the volume of the game to about 25%, it seems to save this setting in the main menu but once I load up a game the setting immediately goes back up to 100%. I've tried many many different ways to fix this, and eventually determined that Dead Space 3 is the only game or application that has this issue...so I figured it's either a problem with the game itself or a problem with Origin.

Does anyone know what I can change or edit to get Deadspace to take my settings?

Message 1 of 8 (4,575 Views)

Re: Problems with audio adjustment using Windows 10 Audio Mixer

Community Manager

@firefly223

Changing the default audio and/or communication device via Windows Control Panel may have an effect on this:

http://answers.ea.com/t5/Dead-Space-3/Dead-Space-3-Audio-cuts-from-headphones-to-speakers/m-p/140913...

Also check the following link for Windows 10 specific audio troubleshooting:

https://blogs.technet.microsoft.com/mediaq/2015/07/30/windows-10-audio-troubleshooting-tips/

barry.png
Message 2 of 8 (4,511 Views)

★ Novice

Tried this, didn't work. the only audio device hooked up to my computer is my headset. and I've checked to make sure it wasn't a windows issue.

Message 3 of 8 (4,501 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I know this is a long dead thread but this issue is still a problem.

Message 4 of 8 (4,086 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I'm still having this issue. It shouldn't be one. Take your franchises and development seriously. It's not too late to patch, unless late turns into never.

This is beyond embarrassing, especially for a giga-corp like EA.

Message 5 of 8 (2,655 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@REAPEROFSOULS06 Seams to be a problem with the Origin App, my game locks the volume to 90%; but if I put the Origin App in offline mode and decrease the windows volume, it works now.

# dead space 3; volume; windows mixer; bug; glitch.
Message 6 of 8 (1,963 Views)

★★ Novice

Wow thanks so much. I put the EA app into offline mode and like magic the volume would actually save my changes in the volume mixer. Never seen a game do that before, not even Dead Space 2 which I also played through the EA app. I wonder how a launching application can do that?

Message 7 of 8 (1,305 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Bump. Going offline works. This issue is cringe. How in the world can you have code so spaghettified that I have to disable my app's NETWORK, when I often want to play with friends, in order fix one of the most fundamental mechanics of any application to ever exist. 

Only EA would manage to stab a hook into the kidney of a fundamental function like AUDIO and latch it to their featureless app with their online-only towhook pulley. Good lord.

Message 8 of 8 (1,212 Views)