PS3 Deadspace 3 crash

by antisada

Original Post

Re: PS3 Deadspace 3 crash

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

Ea "advisor" said they cannot help me unless i gave them the exactmodel number of the consoles. I have played this on 4 consoles using 2 game discs. I bought 2 discs so could play co-op with my son. What a waste of money this game turned out to be. This is my latest reply to EA.

console 1 cech-2501a serial # ch067539895 user name rmahaffey2 played
transferred saved game file frozen chapters 4 12 16 and now cannot get out of
level 17 optional level freezes on elevator going back to surface after it said
mission complete
Console 2 cech-a01 my original 60gb model. ce128687800
Played new game as rmahaffey2 frozen on level 4 , 10 allowed me to restart and
continue with copied save. Level 17 right after you get the codex in your hand
after falling - there is a progress saving and a objective added right as you
stand up. frozen. Thats as far as i can get on that console - freezes everytime
at that point

console3 cech 3001b cf618913792 username spaceranger10
(sons account) game has frozen numerous times but he has been able to select
continue. he is only on level 6. Also copied my voltron2010 save to this console
and played on his disc on new game + cannot get past chapter8
console4 (main
console) cech2501b c6916844200 user name voltron2010 couple of freezes on first
playthrough. did not think anything of it as i know games freeze sometimes.
second playthrough on new game + has frozen and wiped my save file so many times
i just stopped playing it.
At what point does origin or EA send me a new
disc??? this is getting stupid. All 4 ps3 cosoles are not broken. 4 different
usernames are not defective. The game is defective. I want a new disc and i do not want to
pay to send this POS back.

Message 81 of 156 (1,563 Views)

★★★★ Novice

To RIckros1:

It work for me about the crashes/freezing problem but this is a bad solution since I cannot complete any coop gameplay

I also read that if you have more than 6 weapon into your stash the game freeze but I haven't try this one yet I'm not ready to dismentle my weapon yet 

and It could be a fake statment 

Message 82 of 156 (1,544 Views)

★ Apprentice

@Burni_COCO wrote:

To RIckros1:

It work for me about the crashes/freezing problem but this is a bad solution since I cannot complete any coop gameplay

I also read that if you have more than 6 weapon into your stash the game freeze but I haven't try this one yet I'm not ready to dismentle my weapon yet 

and It could be a fake statment 

I myself cant get to the weapon stash because my game freezes too fast for that haha

Let's just hope eaeve responds soon and tells us some news

Message 83 of 156 (1,535 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Just wanted to let everyone know that EA has closed my "incident" report as solved because they are sending me a new disc. I think we all know that this is not going to solve the problem but i guess it looks good for the "advisor" to close an incident as solved. I cannot even save the game now without it freezing. I have deleted the game data file and redownloaded the add ons and reinstalled the disc. 4 ps3 consoles, 2 different discs,   4 different user names. offline or connected makes no difference . problem solved my butt.

Message 84 of 156 (1,473 Views)

★★ Novice

I removed the ethernet cable as suggested but the problem is still there - very frustrating.

Played Dead Space 1 from start to finish - no dramas at all.

Popped Dead Space 3 back in & within 5 minutes the PS3 had shut down. Definitely the game, not the machine.

Cranky I spent money getting my unit looked at by a repairer.

Eagerly awaiting a fix to this problem.

Message 85 of 156 (1,406 Views)

★★★★ Novice

None of the "fixes" suggest by other players work for me. It freeze exact the same point on 2 different PS3s. Ive tried different discs too. Still no helpful post from EA it seems. Plus its now too late for me to return it to the store, serves me right for thinking they would try and fix this quickly. It would be great if EA would just admit defeat and refund us all instead of keeping us in the dark...

Message 86 of 156 (1,362 Views)

★★★ Novice

Yeah I tried getting a refund but their response was "since you didn't buy it from us, we can't refund you."

Ridiculous.

Creating a patch will take a while too as they have to be able to duplicate the problem.

If I were you guys, I would just take it to a Gamestop and trade it in. That's my plan for this week.

Message 87 of 156 (1,358 Views)

★★★★ Novice
my birthday is Thursday I will wish 4 this game 2 work people an I will keep u posted as 2 the results we might have a better chance of that working than this forum
Message 88 of 156 (1,341 Views)

★ Novice

I am having a very similar problem. I am at Chapter 9 and cannot get past putting on the snowsuit. The first time I had this problem was with

Conning Tower- after freezing  three times and not saving the mission as completed twice, I gave up on that mission. Now, it says my file is 0% complete for each chapter although it also lists the number hours played and loads correctly at the last save point. The PS3 (a 120 gb slim, fully updated and with memory available) does not do anything but the game remains unresponsive until I turn off the PS3. I tried an experiment with loading two different save files, picking up some stuff, but not completing any missions- tried an inventory save- the whole system stopped working the first time, and the second time, the game was unresponsive but I could access the main PS3 screen.

Please help- I want to be able to play this game- it was working until a week ago.

Message 89 of 156 (1,327 Views)

★★★★ Novice

For me the game works fine when my PS3 is completely disconnected from the internet (no ethernet cable and no wifi).

If I try playing the game with the wifi on or the ethernet cable plugged in it crashes.

So far its fine for me to play this way but at some point it would be nice to play co-op and get some DLC...

C'mon EA, sort it out!!!

Message 90 of 156 (1,321 Views)