PS3 Deadspace 3 crash

by antisada

Original Post

Re: PS3 Deadspace 3 crash

★★★★ Novice
I also am having the same issue I have a 1st gen 60gb I've tried three different disc with the same result all crashed within 10 min of gameplay last time I gave up an played DCUO for about an hour an a half...an up to the point of getting dead space 3 had not had any issues with any other game so I know it's not due 2 over heating especially since the 1st time it happened I hadn't touched my system in a couple of days an it crashed within 10 minutes of playing I hope they fix this somehow I've loved this series since the 1st game went as far as gettin ignition extraction an the mobile version even turned my sister on to the game
Message 31 of 156 (2,030 Views)

★★★ Novice

I'm having the same issue with my dead space 3, my ps3 is an original 20gb and whenever I boot up DS3 and it reaches the title menu, the screen goes black and my ps3 beeps 3 times and shuts off with a blinking red light. I hope they fix this real soon.

Message 32 of 156 (2,011 Views)

★★★ Novice

Exchanged the game and the new disc does the same. 

Message 33 of 156 (1,992 Views)

★★★★ Novice
I've got this problem too Frown
Game freezes during a cut scene and also when I open a door during the game session near the same point, the sound keeps playing for a while but the picture is frozen, the ps3 stays on, I can hear the disc scanning erratically, I just have to remove the disc and switch the system off. It's done the same 4 times in a row, I give up now and wait for the patch I guess...?
PS3 ultra slim 500gb (France)
Message 34 of 156 (1,957 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

My brother just bought a copy an hour ago as his b-day present and he has yet to see past the first 30 seconds of the opening cutscene before it crashes, even after exchanging it for another copy. Using an 80gb 1st gen PS3. First thought it was a generational thing, but the DS3 demo crashed on us as well. Games like the MGR Revengeance demo worked perfectly fine, so its gotta be the game at this point. Please fix this issue EA.

Message 35 of 156 (1,865 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice
I totally agree its the game some line of code in the game causes the old systems 2 crash...I also went back and tried to play the demo an within 10 min it crashed...then I played Revengeance 2 completion without an issue then watched a movie PLEASE FIX EA!....I need a hug :'(
Message 36 of 156 (1,850 Views)

★ Apprentice

I am not returning this game to the store. 
I need to play this! But i am  not buying a new ps3!

Please fix fast cause i need a hug now too :c

Bump like crazy! Cause this is a real issue and not just a some person not able to find the powerswitch xD

Message 37 of 156 (1,798 Views)

★★ Novice

Sorry for the late reply.  Been playing too many games.  Sadly not yet Dead Space 3. Frown

Though you probably have plenty of data, I'll reply.  Better late than never. Standard smile

Anyway, it does seem to be a bit random.

First crash was while it was Installing trophies.

Second crash was at first cut scene.

Third crash was while just sitting in the menu.

Fourth crash was while it was loading file save data (from the previous file creation I was able to make).

Each time the game had been on for a random amount of time.  So it doesn't seem like a specific amount of time the game is running at all.

And of course, as you'd hear any other customer say "Everything else works just fine!!!11!1!!1" (I work in tech support, so I know your pain.)

Thank you. Standard smile

Message 38 of 156 (1,788 Views)

★★★★ Novice
Hello EA are you there?
It's us, your fellow customers calling. We each spent 70 big ones for your awesome game. Any chance we can have an update on this bug/crash patch you are surely working on?

Message 39 of 156 (1,664 Views)

★ Apprentice

Well they also have to make time for hardcore problems.
Like: Where is my save game?! I can't get this installed?! Why don't i have my achievement yet?!

Surely more important then people not able to play the entire game at all.

(yeah i'm getting a bit cranky over this xD cause this wasn't what i planned when i pre ordered xD)

Message 40 of 156 (1,641 Views)