PS3 Deadspace 3 crash

by antisada

Original Post

Re: PS3 Deadspace 3 crash

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Hi there,

So I tried playing DeadSpace3 on PS3 and am not able to. 

- I have 2 PS3 systems (one is a 300gb slim, and the other is a 80gb 2nd gen non-slim)

- I tried playing the game and its all fine until I start new game. After the intro, and the credits your character is slowing trudging through snow. It always freezes right when the snow/fog clears to reveal the crashed ship. I've tried it dozens of times solo and in co-op and the same freeze happens at the same point. I cant play past it. 

- I talked to the EAexpert on the online chat. I was directed to return the game and get a new one since it seemed to be the game since it was happening on both systems that have never had issues before. 

- I exchanged the game, to find out that the same exact problem happens with the new disc. Freezes just as the fog clears...

- Thought that it was strange to happen like this, but I can find nothing online about similar problems. Are my systems uniquely unable to play this game? Or did i happen to get 2 uniquely damaged games?

EDIT: I tried deleteing all the saves and the reinstalling the game data and 1.01 patch. Made a new game and it still freezes at the same spot. Just wish I didnt walk in a snow storm to exchange this game.....

EDIT 2: Its also not a over-heating issue as I can play BF3 or any other game for hours on end with no lag or issues. I have a cooling deck of the PS3 too. 

EDIT 3: I read that some of you get the blinking red light, I dont get that. The system just locks up with a green until I turn it off myself. 

Hope you can help. 

Thanks

Message 21 of 156 (2,218 Views)

★ Apprentice

( I am posting way too much but anyway)

What if.... the playstation's do overheat. That the game is so heavy for the ps3 that it just cant handle it.

That would be a serious error from Sony. (Or EA for making a too good looking game xD)

And if that is true i want to get a new ps3 for free from them. I paid 500 euro on the day it got released with the promise i could play all the ps3 games.

(Yes, this problem is stressing me out xD)

Message 22 of 156 (2,162 Views)

★ Novice

Hello I have been waiting for Dead Space 3 for a very long time and when I finally received my copy, the game would shut down my ps3. This has only happened to me with one other notorious game (known for having this problem), and I was wondering if there was any progress on the fix for this. My model is the same as the others, being a CECH backwards compatible ps3. Shared information would be much appreciated.

~thank you, Mujong

Message 23 of 156 (2,142 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Is this being solved? should i just return my game and give up on dead space 3? 

Message 24 of 156 (2,078 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

they're working on it, viceral is trying to reproduce the error to figure out how to fix it, but they currently have not been able to make it happen~ it could be a matter of quite a while~ i'm looking into a refund direct from EA currently until a working solution is found

Message 25 of 156 (2,070 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I can't believe im so unlucky to have the two exact ps3s that wont work with dead space 3

Message 26 of 156 (2,068 Views)

★ Novice

im having the same issues my ps3 fat 20gb crash in random parts of the game sometimes it crash in the screen title and others in some parts of the game

Message 27 of 156 (1,947 Views)

★★★ Novice

Also reporting the same issue.

It happens randomly for me. This past time it was as soon as I started the game. Before it was during when I was walking through the snow in the first scene. Another time I made it to the first bit of enemies and climbed the first ladder.

My PS3 isn't overheating. It's not on long enough to overheat. Plus I cleaned it out in summer 2012 after owning it for about 4 years, so it's relatively dust free and well ventilated. 

Message 28 of 156 (1,941 Views)

★★ Novice

its on the x-box as well,,freezes up .

Message 29 of 156 (1,929 Views)

★★★ Newbie
Here Mexico, my 80 gig fat model crashes every time I play BOps II and dead space 3, I want a solution for this or my money back, for anything else my ps3 works perfect.
Message 30 of 156 (1,902 Views)