PS3 Deadspace 3 crash

by antisada

Original Post

Re: PS3 Deadspace 3 crash

★★ Novice

I kinda wonder why EA isn't liked myself. It's like this. If this problem is happening on only SOME of the PS3s (Cause it's not happening on mine nor a friend of mine). There it's a good possibility that it's a SONY issue... or more to the point, YOUR PS3 issue. 

That came from just using simply reasoning. If the same problem isn't on the Xbox 360 or the PC. Then there myst be a problem exclusively on the PS3... ... so the most optimum solution would be to contact SONY. Because EA can only do but so much to help those who choose console as they're style of gaming.

Message 141 of 156 (1,283 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

I have played this on 4 different ps3 consoles. original 60 gb, 2 320 gb models and one red 500gb and one white 500 gb. i have used 3 different ps3 discs (ea sent me one free). used different usernames for all attempts. EVERYONE froze and wiped the save files at some point in the gameplay. IT is NOT your machine. I got them to give me a code for a download version from the psn store. The download version has played error free on regular, hardcore, survical, and classic modes with no freezes. Tried the disc again on another machine ( i have 8 ps3 consoles)  froze solid at the waystation and wiped the save to zero progress. The download version is on sale at the ps store for 37.00 with all the addons.

Message 142 of 156 (1,277 Views)

★★★ Newbie

November 09, 2014 - The problem is still out there.

Had no idea about all this. Bought the "Dead Space 3" PS3 videogame for the first time about a month ago, now I have being trough  3 different discs new (one from CHINA, other from US, and a last one from EU) + one used game (US). Tried them on about 6 or 7 different PS3 consoles.

3 mine, others from friends...

The crash it's COMPLETELY RANDOM.

Sometimes it's when saving, or loading ...or just a cinematic, or reloading the gun ...or shooting ...or moving ...or BREATHING. * There is --not a way-- to really avoid it. Sometimes the game works for +15 or +20 minutes before crashing, sometimes crash only after 1 or 2 minutes.

Tried FAT, SLIM, different PS3 from different zones/regions and models, and different versions of the game. Try to play it offline/online, try to erase everything, try to update and play again, offline solo/single campaign, first game, every game, IT CRASH. sooner or later it crash almost every PS3, in fact I suspect the few users saying they had no problems are EA employees or have played the game on other gaming platform (not PS3).

This place alone it's prove enough that the game has bugs and issues.

Don't need to call a EA costumer service for they to tell me "it's my problem".

Because it's not. OBVIOUSLY it's not.

I've played ALL sort of EA games and all Dead Space games before this one, and gave my money to EA each time, I JUST WANT TO KNOW HOW TO PLAY THE GAME, PLZ EA! DO SOMETHING! - I don't need EA to admit "something it's wrong", just fix the damn bug and update the game, I AM NOT buying the game online after ALL the money I've spent on this particular game. If the Disc doesn't work then DON'T RELEASE the disc version!!!

> : (

Message 143 of 156 (1,043 Views)

★★★ Novice
OK, so having the exact same issue. No problems with my first initial file. But always have issues with New Game +. At some point in the game it freezes, and not just the game, the whole system. The current file I've been playing froze like this at certain points, always while I'm moving, either walking or on a lift, but once I shut off and reboot the PS3, then I can usually get past that point. I'm finding however that the autosave function sucks because it always puts me way behind where I was when it froze. Doesn't save nearly as often as it should. So there are those recoverable freezes, but there are also irrecoverable freezes where you can't progress any further than that. For me I've noticed that it always happens when I'm about to start the battle with the boss thing, with the mouth tentacles. And no matter how many times I reboot, happens at exactly the same place. My current file, it happens just after getting the probe parts. A previous New Game + it happens at the first time as you get to the compound on Tau Volantis. I figured I would post because my issue seems to defy what EA has been telling people about the first generation PS3 since I have a new PS3. I'm using CECH-4001B model with PSX OS version 4.65. None of my other games give me this issue. Once had it with Deus Ex, but the developer came out with a patch and fixed it. Why is it so difficult for EA to accept responsibility and just come out with a simple patch. And unfortunately we can't get error logs for PS3 to send. Maybe it's because EA is a monopoly, after all most every game out there is either developed or distributed by EA and it lets them get away with abysmal customer service. Maybe they should just give us all codes to download the digital version for free since it only seems to happen with the disc version.
Message 144 of 156 (1,035 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Hey there!

I have the same issue with the old CECHE 60gb model..

The thing is we've been playin the game with my friend in co-op mode since 2014 March (yes we're slow players =P) and until maybe 2 months ago we didn't have this problem. We had played until %15 or something and nothing happened, but now on chapter 5 I started having this problem.. My friend bought it from ps store & he has no such issue. The thing is; I can play both CD-type games (i.e. Batman, Injustice & Dante's Inferno) & hdd-type games (i.e. Mass Effect 3, Burnout Paradise) right now, but with only Dead Space I'm having this issue.

The game just randomly does this red light thing, because I had it while I was on the main menu & also while we were in the game, at different points/locations..

I thought it could be about a ps3 system update, but after seeing that other people has the same problem since 2013, I started to feel worried.

Will there be a fix at all, I wonder..

EA help us all..

Message 145 of 156 (1,003 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Bit late to the party but wow, it blows my mind they never fixed this.

DS3 BLES-01733 crashes always around 'press start' screen/menu. PS3 fat 60gb CECHC02 with 1TB HGST HDD installed.

Message 146 of 156 (832 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

I had so many issues with this when it first came out. I had 2 copies of the disc- so I could play co-op with my kid- I also have 8 ps3 consoles - including an original 60 gb fat model- also tried creating new usernames to play to eliminate a "corrupted usernme" - one of EA's many excuses for the crashes. Even had an EA tech download a program on my pc to check my internet connection. They finally gave me a psn store credit as a way of refunding my money spent on the game. I bought the download version and played the game to platinum on several of my "corrupted" usernmaes on 5 of my consoles . Seems the download version works fine.

Message 147 of 156 (806 Views)

★★★ Newbie
Jesus, 8 PS3s haha. That possibly eliminates the theory that it could be a specific PS3 model. It's pretty clear there's code in this game doing something it shouldn't be. Might have to download the digital version. What region are you in voltron2010? And did the digital version work on your 60gb model?
Message 148 of 156 (793 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

I am in the USA- whatever region that is. Yes worked fine on the fat model ps3. Currently working on username voltron2014. want to get another platinum on that name. I do not have one of those slim models that used the external power supply but works fine on all the others. friends come over and we do a lot of multiplayer . everyone has their own tv so no screen peaking where the other guy is.

Message 149 of 156 (784 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

Hallo Necrohunters,

i am currently replaying / firstplaying all the Dead Space games. DS1, DS2 + Severed, Ignition and Extraction worked without any problems. I started playing DS3 yesterday. The prologue worked well. But in chapter 1 the issues started. After the marker was activated and I felt down into the office with the first necromorphs. Here I had three crashes in a row. I googled the problem and found this threat. I play on the first Playstation with 60GB. German/European model and German/European game.

I now try to delete the update data and Awakened and try again. Then I will try to play the game without installing any update or Awakened. If all this is not going to work I will try to buy the digital version and play it this way.

Can anybody with similar problems confirm that the digital version really works? Thank you very much for your help.

Message 150 of 156 (314 Views)