PS3 Deadspace 3 crash

by antisada

Original Post

Accepted Solution

PS3 Deadspace 3 crash

★★★★★ Novice

I recently bought Dead Space 3 for the PS3 and I can't play it. I get to the main menu, go to create a save game and my entire system shuts off.

Message 1 of 156 (8,888 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: PS3 Deadspace 3 crash

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Since someone already had the same problem both with the demo and the final game, I guess it won't hurt to comment about my experience with the demo only.

I am having the same problem: game starts normally and crashes to blinking red light after some time playing. Unrelated to any in-game triggers apparently, and in about the same time interval already mentioned: about 2 to 10 minutes. 

I can recall happening:

-Once in the weapons testing mode, when I refused to press X when caught by a necro to see what would happen

-Another time in the weapon testing mode, after about 15 minutes when trying to access the bench

-Two times close to the boss, one after and one before. I wasn't triggering any event (doors, benches, etc; ), just walking

-Once when reaching the two necros before the first ladder. Again I wasn't triggering anything, just shooting them.

My copy is hopefully arriving tomorrow, so I will post as soon as I have news about testing it.

By the way, mine is a CECHE series, "Fat", 80GB.

This kind of problem has happened with only one other game, already famous for crashing most of the older PS3. I'm not sure if I can mention what game it is, but I will if it is ok.

View in thread

Message 10 of 156 (9,307 Views)

All Replies

★★ Novice

I'm having this exact same issue.

Turn it on, game starts fine.  Then at some random point after the ps3 hard crashes with multiple beeps, and then has a blinking red light.

It only turns back on once I flip the switch in the back off and on.  Once it powers up it has to run a file system check.

The ps3 I have is the original 60 gig version, but it has a 1TB hard drive in it right now with 500 gigs of space left. (I have a lot of games.... o.o).

Tried to uninstal game data.  Deleted everything in regards to the game, reinstalled the game (it's a digital day one purchase), and even after doing this the issue still persists.

Any further information would be greatly appreciated. Standard smile

Thank you in advance. Standard smile

DJClicheDarkness

Message 2 of 156 (8,794 Views)

Community Manager (retired)

Hello,

@ Antisada

What is your PS3 model? 

@Djlichedarkness

Thank for the detailed report, this will help us look into the issue.

Cheers,

Eve

Message 3 of 156 (8,786 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

The Model number is CECHA01, I have tried unintalling and reinstalling, clearing the cache and disabling the media server access.

Message 4 of 156 (8,764 Views)

★★★ Novice
same issue here on a disc version..new slim 150gb ps3....random crash/frezz, sixaxis disabled have to pull power cable from back of system. i have also tried the delete all game data, no fix here
Message 5 of 156 (8,670 Views)

★ Apprentice

Hello,:manhappy:

I have the same issue. (also had it with the demo)

Starts up just fine but after a few minutes the game crashes the ps3 and it gives the blinking red light signal. (that should stand for overheat but i doubt that)

Other than the dead space 3 game i can play any game for extended amounts of time without any crash.

I also have the old 60 gb model : CECHC** 

I do have a 500gb hdd in it.

Seems like dead space 3 will have to gather some dust until a solution is found :mansad:

Message 6 of 156 (8,636 Views)

[ Edited ]
Community Manager (retired)

Hi everyone,

There might be two different issues there. 

Antisada, do you confirm the issue always happens before even being in game?

If that is the case, can you try the disk in another console and see if the same thing happens?If you can't even get in the game, the disk may be faulty.

Djlichedarkness, stonerrockgod, rickros1, are the freezes random or are they happening when you perform a certain task/open the menu?

Any details could help us see what the issue might be. 

Thank you again!

Eve

Message 7 of 156 (8,590 Views)

★ Apprentice

Hello Eve,

Well the first crash happend in the main menu (i just added my collector edition code's and went to dinner. When i came back it had the red blinking light.)
So i just assumed it was the same as with the demo, wich crashed after a few min (Differs from 2 to 10 min)

After i saw your message i called my friend to come and try with me to co-op
I made a match, he joined, we started the game. (So this kinda rules out the certain task)

Then after a few minutes it went out again during the game. I also did not press start at any point in the game.

It seems the game has problems running on the old CECHC models :mansad: 

Also in all the forums i have been through about this problem it seems most of the models are the older 60gb CECHC and the 150gb slim. (maybe it helps to know)

Greetings,

Rick

Message 8 of 156 (8,587 Views)

★★★ Novice
hello hello eve
its random on mine..just got little over an hour before it froze again...seems to happen before a cut scene / door transition / activate suit thrusters and once during a suit change (door closed than froze).

mine is a 1 month old slim 150...ssx works fine Standard smile
THANKS
Message 9 of 156 (8,582 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Since someone already had the same problem both with the demo and the final game, I guess it won't hurt to comment about my experience with the demo only.

I am having the same problem: game starts normally and crashes to blinking red light after some time playing. Unrelated to any in-game triggers apparently, and in about the same time interval already mentioned: about 2 to 10 minutes. 

I can recall happening:

-Once in the weapons testing mode, when I refused to press X when caught by a necro to see what would happen

-Another time in the weapon testing mode, after about 15 minutes when trying to access the bench

-Two times close to the boss, one after and one before. I wasn't triggering any event (doors, benches, etc; ), just walking

-Once when reaching the two necros before the first ladder. Again I wasn't triggering anything, just shooting them.

My copy is hopefully arriving tomorrow, so I will post as soon as I have news about testing it.

By the way, mine is a CECHE series, "Fat", 80GB.

This kind of problem has happened with only one other game, already famous for crashing most of the older PS3. I'm not sure if I can mention what game it is, but I will if it is ok.

Message 10 of 156 (9,308 Views)