Re: Dead Space 3 Ration Seals

by crazyebot

Original Post

Re: PC BUG REPORT: Cannot spend Ration Seals.

★★ Novice

to clarify, I'm unable to redeem ration seals on PC.  Not sure if this problem exists on X-Box or PS3

Message 71 of 230 (7,479 Views)

★★ Novice

@s1nr Yeah thats the same problem everyone else on this thread has bro Tongue out

Still waiting hopefully for a fix from EA/Visceral...700 seals and counting now

Message 72 of 230 (7,460 Views)

★★ Novice

I don't think it was removed right after the humble sale mate, if you look at the oldest thread regarding this its been going on since February apparently..Frown

Message 73 of 230 (7,949 Views)
Highlighted

★★★ Newbie

I don't get this at all. I can't even figure out where to submit my complaint.

If it's been a problem since Feb, and the posts I've read suggested there would be a fix shortly... And it's now August...

This is never going to get fixed.

Given, I only paid $5 via the Humble Bundle, so I'm not really angry - except there's no other way to get the 'Mk V parts'(as I've seen them described). So I'd rate myself as 'kinda 'miffed.

It just seems like a dumb problem... They can sell the DLC but they can't sell resource packs? I'm in Australia... Is it just a problem for anyone outside of America?

Message 74 of 230 (7,913 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Same problem as everyone. Not going to bother buying the expansion if they can't even have an "intended" functionallity to work.

Message 75 of 230 (9,161 Views)

★ Novice

Count me in as well.  After reading threads about how to make some of the more powerful weapons I now find out I can't even spend my seals to get them.  Now I'm reading it's been since February!  Hopefully if more people complain they'll fix it.

Message 76 of 230 (9,139 Views)

★★★ Novice

yep me too. got over 600 in ration seals and no content to get with them , what a waste. things like this is the reason why people don't spend hard earned money on games and just pirate them instead. come on EA get off you duffs and fix this already. give us a reason to keep buying your games .  

Message 77 of 230 (9,105 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

@Migz_DH wrote:

It looks like they did work on PC for awhile, but something broke mid-Aug.

From http://deadspace.wikia.com/wiki/Downloadable_Content_for_Dead_Space_3 :

"Note: As of August 17th, 2013, a bug for the PC version of Dead Space 3 may prevent some users from obtaining resource packs, which have disappeared from the DLC menu."

I added that, actually. I did not know for sure that this problem had existed for so long. I meant that I had confirmed for myself this glitch. Thus, it is wrong for me and for others to say that it may have broken mid-August. I apologize for misleading you.

Message 78 of 230 (9,072 Views)

★★★ Novice

Yes, this totally breaks the game so much.  Because you totally can't enjoy the rest of the game by not being able to buy, with money or ration seals, an optional DLC meant to make the game easier for you.  I, for one, enjoy the story and gameplay, which is what you should be critiquing instead of saying that people don't purchase EA products because of their attempt to try to make money from people by offering optional DLC.

I would *like* to use my ration seals, but the game is playable, and enjoyable, without this option.  But the people who pirate this game, instead of paying for it, (not to mention a ton of people paying for the game with none of the profits going to EA) is one of the main reasons why EA pretty much fired the team that developed the game, which is going to slow down the ability to fix bugs.

And FYI for people who are coming to this thread and not realizing this fact:

This bug has existed off and on for the PC since the launch of the game.  It is not a bug for the XBox or PS3.  It seems that it was never, officially, reported/recognized as a bug, which is why it hasn't been fixed.  The only reason it is coming to light more predominately now is due to the fact that the Humble Bundle is exclusively PC and (via current sales numbers) almost up to 2 million new players will be accessing this content. (Where the majority of people who probably bought at launch did so for one of the consoles)  Just be patient and stop adding comments about how many seals you have and not being able to use them.  If you have the same problem, the first post has the ability to mark you as having the same problem.  Use that.

Message 79 of 230 (9,072 Views)

★★ Novice

@mysterynotes Yeah, I saw that everyone else sadly had the same issue but thought I would add myself to the list, hopefully more will do the same Confusedmileywink:.  But unfortunately now I'm seeing people saying that Visceral may not be able to fix it because due to high turnover/layoffs... Confusedmileyfrustrated: 

Oh well, here's to wishful thinking and fingers crossed...

Message 80 of 230 (9,040 Views)